Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope everyone enjoyed the food, friends, and family.  We traveled to Kentucky to spend a few days with Josh, Alexis and family.  I decided that Thanksgiving is at the top of my list for favorite holidays.  I have, over the past year, developed a love of cooking.  I have always loved baking, but I feel like I have improved much in both areas.  Practice makes perfect right?  I just loved spending the day in the kitchen cooking and having someone to chat with while doing so.  Thanks Alexis!


The adults hit the stores the day after Thanksgiving and got a babysitter to spend the day watching the kids.  It was money well spent!!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself, despite all the people.  Can you believe we were gone shopping from 10-5??!  OK, actually I can believe it.  Time goes by surprisingly fast when the kids aren't around.  We did get lunch while we were out, at BJs...yum!  The pictures above are taken by the sitter.  The kids got along great the whole time and can't wait until the next time they see each other.  Hopefully at Christmas time!

I don't have any pictures, but Alexis and I snuck away to see Breaking Dawn.  I LOVED it!  Kristen Stewart was minimally annoying and really enjoyed it as a whole.  The only part I had to keep from laughing was the whole wolf talking part...really?  I don't know, it was really funny to me.  I had just read the book again, so it was fun to watch while the story was fresh in my head.  What did you guys think?  Didn't you love the wedding?  So beautiful! 

The weather was so nice while we were there.  I went for a run Thanksgiving morning and the kids were able to ride bikes and have lots of time to hang outside.  Loraya and Isaac even learned how to ride a bike with out training wheels!  Very exciting.  Hmmm...maybe Santa will bring them each new bikes perhaps??

How cute are these two??!!  How in the world Alexis managed to have them both smiling AND staying still is beyond me!!  Conner and Macey are 6 weeks apart.

Movember? Growing out the 'stache

All too soon it was time to say good bye and head home.  Thank you again to Josh and Alexis for hosting Thanksgiving once again!  We love you guys and are so blessed to have you close.  Once we got home and got settled in, the tree and decorations came out! 

 




Anyone else doing Elf on the shelf??  We are having a fun time hiding the elf each night and the kids can't wait to find him each morning. 

Life is good.  Busy, but good.

6 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

Always love seeing your pictures. I am so happy you enjoyed cooking on Thanksgiving. I so enjoyed not doing much cooking!

Macey looks so grown up. It is nice when cousins enjoy being together.

Mike and Christy said...

So Twilight...I thought it was good, Stewart is getting better. I loved the wedding party with the toasts...Mike didn't get it. But ya the wolfs talking was kinda dumb but at the same time...how else would they do it? I wish they didn't make it all echoy. I was surprised with nessy. They did that well. can't wait till next year!

becky said...

I have never heard of "elf on the shelf" but that's a cute idea! Looks like everyone had fun, it is fun to have someone to chat with while cooking, I had Elena!

Shareen said...

I thought the wolf part was laugh-out-loud (unintentionally) funny too. And overall, I enjoyed it. Wasn't sure if I would since the book is a little weird and the reviews were terrible, but it was fun. Lots of cute pictures!

Shannon said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I think each of your kids has grown a foot since this summer... they look so old to me!

I have a collection of vintage shelf-elfs from my Grandma Pearl, but most are packed away. I do have two on the tree; teenagers need more than one elf keeping an eye on them! ;)

(Dare I admit I am not going to see the movie? I really didn't like the 4th book... and really don't like Kristin Stewart. I know, I am a party pooper!)

Jaime said...

We did the Elf last year & he hid the entire month, and it was tough. So, this year he will be joining our family a couple weeks before Christmas. We even forgot some nights & told Truman that the elf was too tired to find a new place to sit. :) Have a wonderful December, and especially Christmas.