Friday, November 18, 2011

What?! No cheeseburgers??!!

Wednesday night the kids and I were coming home from the Rec Center.  The time was around 7:15 and no dinner was awaiting us at home.  Calculating the time it would take to make dinner, have the kids eat dinner, get jammies on, teeth brushed, scriptures read and prayers said...I didn't like the projected bed time.  Soooo I was a bad Mom and decided to buy them each a kids meal at Burger King.  I really dislike fast food, especially Burger King.  It's not something that I eat and then proclaim..'Well, I'm sure glad I ate that for dinner!'  Needless to say, the kids like it and I didn't get anything for myself.

I pulled into the drive thru and placed my order for the kids.  Loraya and Isaac wanted cheeseburgers.  After I told the drive thru person our demands she then told me that they didn't have any cheeseburgers.  WHAT?!  You don't have ANY cheeseburgers??!!  I was dumbfounded and a bit angry at the poor worker.  The worker then proceeds to tell me, 'We don't have cheeseburgers, we have roast beef sandwiches!' 

OH MY.  I had gone through the wrong drive thru!!!  I apologized profusely and high tailed it out of there!  Arbys is right next to Burger King.  I had turned one turn too soon!  I was laughing so hard and my kids wanted to know and understand what was so funny. 

Anything embarrassingly awesome happen to you this week?

7 comments:

McArthur Family said...

haha, that's funny. I adore you!

The Jensen's said...

I was sitting in a crowded gym waiting for a school program to start when Quincy rubbed my belly then my boobs and said "you have three babies growing inside of you" The father next to me couldn't stop laughing.

Linda Toolson said...

It is hard to top that. Good you have a sense of humour.

Julia Kelly said...

Kristin that is hilarious! hahaha

Shareen said...

How dare they! I hope you had a big hissy fit :)

Shannon said...

You know, I am sure I probably have done something that I should be embarrassed about, but I have been so distracted lately, I didn't notice...

Arby's is Paul's favorite fast food ;)

Unknown said...

that is hillarious!!