Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4th of July

Happy 4th of July!!
I know, I'm sooo behind!!



While the boys (Jacob and Matt) went to the Rockies vs Giants game in Denver....






the girls kept the kids entertained on the home front.

We decided to check out the party happening at the neighborhood pool. Sorry, my very few pics were taken...dang!




Games, and food, and prizes = fun!



They actually called Isaac's raffle number! They had tons of cool prizes, Isaac chose this Buzz. It was nice, by the end of the party most people had left, but they still had prizes to spare. So, Lo, Brayden and Andrew all walked away with prizes as well. Lo chose a basketball.


I should mention that the baseball game went to 14 innings! Finally Jacob and Matt had to leave before the game ended so they could do some bbqing for their wifies and kiddos. We were hungry and to be totally honest a little annoyed that the game had lasted so long!! I don't think we ate until like 9 at night! I'm glad that Jacob had the opportunity to go to the game thou.
No fireworks were seen by any of our kids. It was pouring rain, and frankly...I was tired. I didn't mind putting the kids to bed and missing fireworks. Luckily the kids didn't seem to mind either...they must have been tired as well!

2 comments:

becky said...

what a nice wife to let her hubby have a guy's day out! it seems like he returns the favor for you once and a while so all is good! i dont mind missing fireworks every now and then, i fear i am getting a little... whats the right word OLD??

Linda Kelly said...

At least the kids got to do the fireworks at Wayne and Laurie's house and they were amazing! (illegal) but amazing!