Monday, December 28, 2009

Les Miserables

Goose bumps. Tears. Laughter. I LOVE this musical, Les Miserables. I remember when my sister Shareen first started listening to the music at home. I thought it was weird. I must have been pretty young, in grade school. But, I started listening to the music (because Kristie and Shareen were listening to it, so of coarse I wanted to be just like them so I started listening) I learned the story and fell in love.

I haven't listened to the music in some time, but used the song 'Who Am I?' in my Young Women's lesson on Sunday. I found on You Tube the entire concert in London. It's the original cast singing and it is amazing. I started watching on the computer and before I realised it I had watched the whole thing (about 2 hours.)

If you have a few hours with nothing to do haha. Look this up on You Tube. One of my favorite songs is 'Bring Him Home.' 'If I die. Let me die. Let him live.' Something like that.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion - the greatest book ever written other than the scriptures! The musical is second to none - how many times have we seen it - never too many!

Love you,

Dad

Kurt said...

Don't know about the greatest book, although I have read it, but it is bar none the best musical I have seen.

It was the first one I ever saw and every other one has had to be compared to it. There are some other good ones that I liked (Lion King, Phantom, West Side Story), but none have reached Les Miz levels.

My top 5:

1. Les Miz
2. West Side Story
3. Phantom
4. Lion King
5. Can't think of one that really sticks in my mind.

Julia Kelly said...

If i had to choose my top 5 I would say...(that i've seen on stage)

1. Les Miz
2. Phantom
3. Miss Siagon
4. Joseph and the amazing techicolor dream coat (with Donny Osmond)
5. would love to see Wicked, but I haven't ever seen it.

I've never read the book, I'll have to pick it up at the library.

Shannon said...

LOVE it! And I love the song you featured - always makes me cry. Joining the top 5 game:
1. Les Miz
2. Wicked
3. Fiddler on the Roof
4. Phantom
5. Lion King
(dreaming of some day seeing White Christmas!)

Linda Toolson said...

Your blog reminded us of this concert for the 10th year anniversary of Les Miz. I promply remembered we had an old VHS of this concert. We got it out and Shareen, Dad and I watched the whole thing. Kristie even caught a bit of it.

Nothing can compare to it. I've lost track of the number of times I have seen it.

Top 5 for me:

1. Les Miz
2. Phantom (I hope to see it in Vegas some time)
3. Wicked
4. Miss Saigon or Cats
5. Joseph

becky said...

I definately agree, best musical ever! I could see it every year.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!!
I didn't watch the whole tape with mom and dad, but caught the end. .. wonderful!
we saw it in Salt Lake a year ago. . .David loved it too!

Shareen said...

You inspired us to get out Mom's tape and watch this performance. Easily my top 4 are Les Miz, Phantom, Camelot & West Side Story. The fifth is hard to decide between Guys & Dolls, Wicked, Joseph, or something else. Next I need to see Lion King.