Friends: I'm sorry at lunch today that you had to see the 'dark side' of Julia. I can usually keep my kids orderly in public pretty well, today being the exception. I hate when I let my kids bad behavior have the best of me. I'm also sorry that I didn't get to talk to each of you more, I was too busy having a mental breakdown because of my lovely children. And next time can I make a suggestion.....how about McDonalds for a Girls lunch? They have this really nice playplace and the cheeseburgers are to die for! haha. Just Kidding, sort of.
Waitress at Olive Garden: I'm sorry that I snapped at you. I just really wanted to get a box for the pizza that my kids didn't eat, the bill and get the heck out of there. I'm really not that rude, most people think I'm pretty nice most of the time. (I think)
People dinning at Olive Garden: I'm sorry that my kids crying/running around the restaurant/me losing it with my kids/ my kids fighting/ Isaac being put into timeout about 5 different times/ Kids screaming/ crying some more/ kids throwing crayons and other objects through the air..... (you get the idea right?) ruined your nice lunch. Like I said earlier, usually they are not so terribly ROTTEN.
Loraya and Isaac: I'm sorry that I yelled at each of you. Mommys do have their breaking point and mine broke wide open today. I hope you know how much I love you, even when it seems otherwise. Thank you for loving me, and forgiving me when I lose my temper.
I think I covered it all. I don't think I'll be back to Olive Garden ANYTIME soon.
9 comments:
This was oh to familiar and why I have pretty much given up any hope of eating out at a nice place with them. OH..the joys of being a parent.
AMEN!! I hear you sister! My kid was right there with yours so don't feel like you are the only one.
We had a BAD day here today too! We went to Target and it was a DISASTER. I came home sooo frustraited!! I was able to take out some frustration at the gym, and now I hope to go to bed early. I need a fresh start tomorrow. Try sleep, it always works for me. :)
Julia, I am so sorry you had a yucky day. I can clearly remember a few outings like the one you describe here. Remember, this too shall pass!
I think I have had that exact same experience on more than one ocassion! We are all there with you!
We all have those kind of days with our tots. I wish you luck the next time. :)
I hear ya about the Mc Donalds thing. Sorry your lunch didn't turn out as you hoped it would. I know your kids usually behave very well. I was at Walmart yesterday and Mia wouldn't listen, so I strapped in the cart and the whole rest of the time she SCREAMED "let me out". I just peacefully (and quickly) finished my shopping and ignored the looks I got from everyone I passed. I do live in Utah, so hopefully people understand, and I'm sure your friends and waitress understand as well.
Here's to McDonald's lunch dates for the next several years!
One positive: soon enough there will be another mom, dad, grandma or whoever who will be at Olive Garden with mis-behaving kids and they will forget all about you. And I'm really positive that your kids have forgiven you so forgive yourself! I'd like to meet the mom who hasn't lost it.
I laughed at your story (because I have been there and totally understand). And then we went to Brick Oven that same night with friends and Owen was screaming and hitting the entire time! It was impossible to enjoy myself or hold a conversation and I had Eric to help me!!
Post a Comment