I have to say I am totally impressed by two things that my dad called and relayed to me yesterday:
1. My mom ran a 10K on Saturday, ran the whole way and finished in and around 62 minutes. Not bad for a 66 year old huh? I think she won her age group as well. (sorry mom, hope you don't mind me disclosing your age)
2. My brother ran a half marathon (going to be running a full marathon in a few months) on Saturday. He did amazing and ran it around an 1 hour and 38 minutes. (correct me if I'm wrong Kurt and Shannon.) Kurt has also recently lost over 30 pounds as well.
I'm so lucky to have a family that sets an example of getting out there and staying fit and healthy.
Bravo, bravo.
5 comments:
That is awesome. I want to be like that! I just started hitting the gym again and I hurt everywhere!! :)
Hey Julia!
I found your blog too! Yay! Blogs are mucho fun, mucho fun indeed! Thanks for commenting, and yes, we should definetly go to the park again sometime!
Your blog is mighty cute as well. And a fun read!
I haven't run in a race since high school. I keep thinking I should do it.. . now the bar has been set. Way to go, Mom and Kurt. Glad you did it!
Your mom does not look like she's 66! And we would LOVE to sell you our futon. We bought it for $250- and we're thinking of selling it at $75. So if you want to go check it out, just call Mary Brough at 304-319-1922. She lives right next door to us and has a key to our townhouse. If you want the futon, just take it and give Mary the money for it. And of course call me (304)906-7039 if you have any questions or if you want to talk me down:).
Congrats to both your mom & kurt. how exciting.
Post a Comment