Sunday, March 16, 2008

Notes to self

1. Do a load of laundry a day. Then you won't have 20 loads to do by the end of the week.
2. Put down that brownie! Eating healthy makes you feel SO much better about yourself.
3. Start preparing for your Sunday school lesson before Saturday night.
4. Spring is on its way, just hold on a few more weeks!
5. You MUST write out a grocery list. If you don't you'll end up with 5 tubs of sour cream in your refrigerator and nothing to make for dinner.
6. Do the dishes before you go to bed. You'll love waking up to a clean kitchen.
7. If the kids are quiet, check on them immediately!
8. Don't get stressed out about things you can't control. If you remember the Lord first in your life, things will have a way of working themselves out.

17 comments:

Laurel said...

A breath of fresh air! Thank you!

And I've gotta' say, LOVE the new countdown.

Anonymous said...

Love the list - by the way if you do a load of laundry a day you will only have 13 to do on Saturday instead of 20. Love you - Dad

Kristin Rose said...

Sounds like some on my list.

Shannon said...

Julia, this is brilliant. I need to make a list like this and tape it to my forehead! Especially the parts about putting down the brownie and not worrying about the things I can't control...

Jenae said...

This list really made me laugh and your dad's comment too! I miss ya!

Unknown said...

nice list. I am doing laundry today. .. every day actually because it never ends. you always come up with something creative.

The Kelly Family said...

So true! I wish I could do the dishes every night before I go to bed. I am usually too tired and wait till Elise takes her afternoon nap the next day. And quiet kids are almost always up to trouble!

Shareen said...

I would like a computer on my fridge where I put in all the random ingredients I have, and then it would tell me a recipe I could make with them. Sour cream surprise?

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

I think I have that same list. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Julia, you have a very good list there, and most of us could use the same list. Why do brownies have to be so darn good anyway? The carrot sticks and cuke slices just don't compare.

Jaime said...

Great list Julia! I am like you, I have about 20 loads of laundry to do. I hate that. HOnestly I love doing laundry, but we don't have a w/d in our apt, so we have to go to the laundry room and it's dark and scary. can't wait for a better home to live in. I really liked your last point on your list. We all need to remember the Lord first. Thanks!

the Rew Crew said...

My grandma Chambers' advice to newly married couples was always, 'never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.' Maybe it was meant figuratively, but I totally take it literal because it always feels good to wake up to a clean house.

LaSchelle said...

It seems like night time is the ONLY time my house is clean the way I like it. I understand completely with the laundry... It seemed to multiply after having #3. You're dad is still so funny! I love it!

LaSchelle said...

It seems like night time is the ONLY time my house is clean the way I like it. I understand completely with the laundry... It seemed to multiply after having #3. You're dad is still so funny! I love it!

LaSchelle said...

What a great list! Your dad is too funny! I need a sense of humor like that most days.

LaSchelle said...

Okay, so your comment list is SOOOO long I didn't see my post. The first time I thought I lost it... then, Oh who knows???

Jenner said...

that's a funny list. i hope you are doing good with the brownie one :) happy easter!