So sit down. Put on a movie for the kids. Grab some water and a snack. Ready? OK...
We made a spur of the moment decision to pack and go to Kentucky this Easter weekend to visit Josh and Alexis. Ever since I've had kids, I'm not a very spur of the moment type person. But, it was fun. Jacob called me on Friday around noon and said, call Alexis and pack some stuff in the suit cases, let's go to Kentucky. Yeah! It's about a 6 hour drive to Louisville. We entertained ourselves by counting deer, (Grandpa Kelly would have been in heaven!) watching Disney movies, and listening to disney songs (we're gearing up for disney world).
We got in late Friday night. Kids were WIRED. Didn't go to bed until after 11PM. Saturday Jacob took Isaac with him to get new tires on our car and get the oil changed. The rest of us went to the gym! Yeah a gym...I was SO excited! Loraya and Megan had fun playing while us adults worked out. I LOVED it.
That afternoon we went to an Easter Egg hunt. We got there right as Loraya and Megan's age group finished. So, we lined them up with the 5-7 year old group. It was FREEZING!
Waiting for the hunt to start.
See our eggs?...
Giant eater bunny, Kelly cousins and Alexis
Daddy and Isaac freezing.
After the hunt, we headed to the mall. We have a small mall in Morgantown, but nothing like the one in Louisville. Josh and Alexis were looking in Macy's and Jacob and I took the other kids to the play place to play. Jacob left to get some drinks so I was in charge of looking after Megan, Loraya and Isaac. I didn't do a very good job. First thing, the play place wasn't closed in, and second there were a lot of blind spots third there were a million kids there playing. You probably know where i'm going with this. Megan and Loraya were playing together, so when all of a sudden there was no Loraya I got nervous. I asked Megan where Loraya went and she didn't know. I looked around for her and didn't see her. Panic started to set in. I didn't know what to do. I was getting frantic and was trying to get Isaac to put his shoes back on and Megan to follow me so I could start looking for my lost daughter. I was about to break down in tears when Jacob came back. I told him Loraya was gone and he took off running to look for her. Let me tell you it was SCARY! It was the Saturday before Easter and the mall was packed with people, and the mall was HUGE. I am so grateful for whoever took Loraya to the customer service desk. She told the workers her name and her daddy's name. It was such a blessing that Loraya was found and took safely to a place for Jacob to find her.
After the scariness of that calmed down we went out to eat at BJ's. Oh, so good. I should have gotten a picture of the MASSIVE cookie and ice cream that we all shared for dessert. Of coarse we ate it all.
I guess it was funny.
Easter Morning we made a huge breakfast. Cinnimon rolls, sausage, waffles, eggs. Isaac just ate his chocolate bunny for breakfast. It seems on holidays all normal eating rules go out the window. Sure why not eat a chocolate bunny for breakfast? Church was nice and Loraya enjoyed going to Megan's primary class and meeting new friends. Isaac actually enjoyed nursery too. Easter dinner was fabulous and we enjoyed laughing, and talking with Josh and Alexis's friends.
Thanks so much Josh and Alexis for having us this weekend! It was so fun and can't wait to see you guys again!
It's back to eating healthy once again tomorrow....
What did you do this weekend?
8 comments:
Yikes! It's a scary moment when you realize you don't see your child anywhere, especially in a crowded mall. Sounds like you guys had a great Easter though - how fun to just take off and go visit Kentucky!
Wow, your weekend sounds a lot like mine! :-) It was a blast and can't wait to see you guys again! Megan was crying last night for Loraya, she misses her too.
glad you got to go and have a great time. Spur of the moment can be fun! we miss you too! i don't think a spur of the moment trip would work to utah, though.. .
I can't imagine loosing one of your little ones in a crowded mall. I would have been crying my eyes out. It is so scary now a days with all the weird people out there. I am so glad Loraya could tell someone her name and her fathers name and that a kind person helped get her to the right spot. I hope that did not spoil your visit and that you still had a great time getting away from WV. I didn't see any pictures with you in them!! What's up with that. You have to prove you were there too!! Hee Hee. We missed not having all the kiddos home for easter. It was a quiet kind of warm day (77 degrees) Mackian actually went swimming in the swimming pool!! Kind of brave of him since it was only 65 degrees warm.
We love BJ's, they have terrific food.
We had a good weekend, very low key. I look forward to the easter egg hunt next year with Truman.
Glad you got to get away, that's so nice to do sometimes.
i've been eating chocolate easter bunnies for breakfast the past 3 days :)
i'm glad you got to spend the holiday with your family. i am also glad loraya is still part of your family and not someone else's. fun you got to go to the gym! im calling you tomorrow...loves
Julia--scary! That would have put me over the edge. What a fun weekend though (in spite of what happened). We are very boring and since our stove caught fire and we hadn't replaced it yet we made burgers on the George Foreman. It was either that or cold cereal.
Post a Comment