Sunday, March 24, 2013

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

Low lights of the past 6 weeks.  (Feel free to skip this part if you don't like complainers!)

  • Weather.  That dang groundhog should be fired!  Spring 6 weeks early?  Ha!  The constant cloudy skies, snow this past week, and cold days have been hard to deal with to say the least.

  • Merysa moving.  My best friend from down the street moved a few weeks ago.  We saw each other everyday either at the bus stop, or watching each other's kiddos.  It's been a tough loss for me and I miss her dearly. 
BFFs Macey and Calla.  It's been hard on Macey losing her best friend as well.

Final Girls Night out with Merysa at the Fondue Factory.

  • Myself and girls being sick.  Myself, Loraya and Macey all got the flu.  We were sick with fevers for a solid week.  It took another week to fully recover and feel somewhat ourselves again.  I'm not sure how, but Jacob and Isaac both avoided getting sick.

  • Missing out on family events.  I feel sad that I'm always missing at important family get togethers.  I couldn't be there for Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary, I couldn't be there for Kyle's mission homecoming....I hate it. 

  • Jacob being gone.  While the kids have been great and fun, I just miss my husband.  I'm so glad he has had the opportunity to serve in Guatemala.  But, I  miss my best friend.  Communication has been frustrating as well.  No service and dropped calls have been the norm.  BUT, he gets home TONIGHT!  Yay!!!


I'll keep the low lights to 5.  While it's been overall a tough month for me, I have so much to be thankful for and I am so blessed.

Here is my highlight list.

  • Since we have moved into our townhouse I've been wanting to do a back splash in our kitchen.  We  finally did it.  I love the glass mosaic tiles and overall really happy with how it turned out. 


  • Watching lots of basketball.  I love watching my kids play basketball. 




  • Mom coming to visit.  She came at the perfect time.  Merysa left the day before she came out, and it was so comforting to have Mom here to keep me company.

  • Hearing Elder Dalin H. Oaks speak in our Stake Conference.  We were so blessed to have an Apostle of the Lord to come to our stake and share his testimony and feel of his mighty spirit.  He didn't have a talk prepared, he solely relied on the promptings of the spirit and personal experiences he has had in his life.  I am also grateful that the kids were well-behaved (Jacob was out of town last weekend too) so I could listen to his words.  It is something that I will always treasure.


  • Kind, Christlike friends.  I again have been so blessed with meeting and becoming friends with so many wonderful people here in Morgantown.  While many of them have moved away, I will always be grateful for their example, friendship, and kindness they have shown to me and my family.  While I was sick I had dinner brought over to me, people calling and offering to take Macey so I could rest, and many calls, texts, and facebook messages.  I know each of these small and some big things were answers to prayers. 


 
 
 It's easy to wish time away.  Wishing for dental school to be done.  Wishing to be back closer to family. 
 
I love this quote. 
Like in Finding Nemo, we must keep swimming. 
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming
 I must enjoy the journey.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Julia, I am so sorry that you have been sick and snowed in and that your friend moved away. What a tough month! But - it sounds like you are all feeling better, Jacob is home, and we get to see you in May! I am so thankful that you are able to be here for the wedding; Bronte has been blessed with the best aunties, and I know that it means the world to her to have you all gathered around to share her joy. Hugs to you - I hope this month (and the weather) are better!

Shareen said...

I'm sorry things have been hard. Poor Macey looks so sick in that picture. I hope everything is looking up now that you've got your husband back.

becky said...

we just assume at times things are going along just fine for everyone and get so focused on our own problems so i am so sorry maybe i wasnt more in tune with someone elses needs besides my own. it sounds like you are enduring to the end and finding some joy in the journey, sometimes we do have to remind ourselves what those joys are in hard times and then we realize we can keep going for a while longer! xoxox