We've had cold, snowy days as of late. So cold in fact that 2 days last week we had a 2 hour delay because of the freezing weather. I'm ready for Spring and try not to think about the long few month ahead of me. Luckily my kids like the snow and for the most part aren't bothered by the cold.
Beginning of the month I finally got a much needed trim and color. I'm trying to grow my hair out and decided darker is better for the winter months. Come spring/summer I'll lighten my hair again. Change is good.
Jacob, Loraya, Isaac and I went to a WVU basketball game. As we were walking to the game, Elmo Live was just finishing and I thought to myself how glad I was that we were going to watch basketball and not Elmo.
We had fun cheering on our Mountaineers, but must not have cheered enough because we lost the game. Macey stayed with her BFF and played at her house.
A few Fridays ago we had a ward bowling activity which was really fun. I haven't been bowling for a long time and forgot that I kinda like bowling. The kids really enjoyed it and Macey even behaved herself. A win all around.
Here is Isaac. This is one good kid! He gives me all my grey hairs and stresses me out to no end, but boy is he a good kid! He was soooo super happy to win the Terrific Kid award at school. I am thrilled with his new teacher Mrs. Casto. His teacher, Mrs. Unger retired halfway through the year and I have to say I wasn't sad nor will I miss her! Miss Casto is patient, kind, funny and personable! I've already seen changes in Isaac's classroom for the better. The biggest thing is Isaac is now raising his hand more and asking questions once again in class. Phew. I am proud of how hard Isaac works in school.
Loraya filled up her bull's card and was rewarded at school by going to lunch bunch! I'm always happy to spend time with this cutie.
Here I am in a Burger King play structure. Macey lost a toy up in this thing, so being the wonderful parent that I am I crawled my big butt up and tried but to no avail to rescue said toy. Everything we drive by Burger King now Macey talks about how her toy is gone forever and gets a little sad. I still get a little mad that I let her bring the dang toy up there in the first place!
Yahtzee! It's been a favorite game lately and luckily it's pretty fun to play.
Despite the freezing weather, Loraya and her friend can be found roller blading up and down our street. Brrr!
On Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Loraya had the opportunity to sing with her choir in a community program about MLK.
Here is my partner in crime. Can you guess what her favorite color is?? Love this sweetie!
Of course there is basketball and more basketball that is going on as well. With Jacob coaching Isaac's team and Loraya playing several times a week it keeps us going.













5 comments:
your kids are so dang cute. and i love the hair! and where can i get me one of those purple raccoon hats? (only half joking here)
I am impressed with Macey's pattern mixing skills, the stars and the polka dots, awesome (seriously)! Lots of cute pictures and its nice when the kids can still get out a bit even when it's cold. I have been sooooo lazy I need to get off my butt.
I am always so impressed by all of the things you do with your kiddos... I honestly can't imagine trying to get ours to sit through a basketball game back in the day! Congratulations to both Loraya and Isaac on their accomplishments. And - cute hair :)
Yep, super cute kids. And have I mentioned before how I can't believe how pretty you look in your pictures you take of yourself with your phone? NO WAY would I ever post any of the ones I try to take of myself. I tell myself it's the angle, but then you pull it off :)
I wish I could get my kids outside playing. It's nice your kids spend time rollerblading, sledding, etc.
Love to see the cute pictures. Your hair looks really nice, and Macey always makes me smile.
Post a Comment