Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy birthday to me?

Fall is most definitely here in Morgantown.  Love.
It was another crazy, busy week.  But that just seems to be the norm nowadays and I can't seem to slow down.
 I did enjoy a walk in the rain this week with this little cutie.  We had some books to return to the library.  Got out the umbrella and enjoyed a walk downtown with Macey chattering away by myside.  Perfect.

The leaves are starting to turn bright reds, vibrant golds and lovely orange colors.  Beautiful.  I'll be sure to do my best to capture a few pictures this week.

 I love these colorfully pained garage doors.  We had to stop and take a picture.  Crazy.

A sure sign of fall, and another event we enjoy each September is the WVU Homecoming parade.
 Getting ready for the parade to begin.  Loraya has her candy bag ready!  I spy Sonora and Jacob in the background as well.  Fun.
 Our school mascot is actually one of those Mormons.  A pretty cool article written in the church news here.  Go 'Eers! 
 Although long, we had to stay to the end to see the WVU marching band!  Worth it!
You know how sometimes you meet someone and just feel an immediate connection?  The moment I met my neighbor down the street, I knew we would be great friends!  She is wonderful and it was her birthday on Saturday.  I for a time got confused and thought maybe it was my birthday with all the spoiling going on.  Day went as follows:
11:30 surprise Merysa!  Hop in the car and go to Spa Roma.  (fully paid for all of us by her husband!)
12:00  Hour long massage!
12:15 Hang out in sauna
12:45 Pedicures!
2:00 Manicures!
3:00 Panera...all that pampering ....we were quite hungry!
Such a fun girls day!  Stopped at TJ Maxx before heading home.

I have to give a HUGE shout out to my husband too.
Not only hung out with the kids all day...drove over an hour and took them to Chuck E Cheese!  THAT is a wonderful husband!  MMMwah!

4 comments:

becky said...

Wow, THAT IS AWESOME!! very nice day, all of it sounds like great fun! I love fall and am anxiously awaiting some cooler temps, I think they are coming this week....

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, indeed!
Sound amazing.
I will look forward to all your beautiful fall pictures!

Shareen said...

At the risk of sounding materialistic and conniving - stay close to that friend! What a fun celebration.

Shannon said...

I am always so impressed by how involved you are in your community. When our kids were little, I avoided crowds at all costs!
That sounds like a great day full of spoiling, for you with your friends and for the kids at Chuck E. Cheese.
And I am very jealous of that walk in the rain... my boots are sitting forlornly by the laundry room, sigh.