Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Anniversary celebration and a good bye

On June 21st Jacob and I celebrated 11 years of marriage. We celebrated by going up to Pittsburgh for the night and spent most of Saturday there as well. It was a perfect break. I sure love spending time with Jacob.


The first night there we went and ate at PF Changs.  We decided to cheat on our regular eating and got cheesecake for dessert.  I have to say although it was super good, I only had a few bites and that was enough for me. 

After dinner we went and saw a movie.  Snow White and the Huntsman.  It wasn't anything that I was dying to see, but semi enjoyed it.  Kinda creepy, and Kristin Stewart wasn't completely annoying.

The next morning, which happened to be Jacob's birthday.... I slept in until 9AM!  Got up and put on my running shoes.  Went for a quick workout and breakfast after.  We jumped in the hot tub before we had to check out.  It was a perfect morning!

Lucky me that I have a husband that likes to shop!  We hit up Ikea, Homegoods and then decided it was time to eat some lunch.  The worst part of the day was being stuck in traffic for over an hour and being so hungry I literally felt sick. 

I was a  much happier girl when we ate, altough our lunch at Hard Rock Cafe wasn't very impressive, but the company made up for the not so good meal.
We rode up the Monongahalia Incline.  As you can see the view is awesome!  Pittsburgh is surrounded by bridges and rivers. 

Here we are riding up.  I cheated once more on our diet and got a small ice cream cone.  Just a side note, I have lost almost 20 lbs!  I am at my weight I was last summer once again and feel fantastic.  Jacob is also slimming down and has dropped 20 pounds as well. 
Beautiful city in the background.  Our kids were well taken care of and I couldn't be more grateful to spent this little getaway with Jacob.  I sure love you!!
I hate goodbyes.  One of my closest friends here in Morgantown moved this last week.  I will miss her dearly.  She has been such an amazing friend to me.  I love you Alicia and good luck in Philly!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary - it looks like you had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

What a fun day for you. Happy anniversary!

becky said...

What a great get away! Love looking at the pictures....congrats on the 20 pounds!

becky said...

What a great get away! Love looking at the pictures....congrats on the 20 pounds!

Shareen said...

How luxurious - a full day away with your husband. It seems like you've really taken to your healthy lifestyle too, if you're keeping it up even on your special days.