My dear sweet Loraya celebrated her 8th birthday on Saturday. It was an extra special day because she was baptised and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
She was baptised by her father. We were so grateful to have my mom and dad there as well as Jacob's parents as well.
The major hiccup was that the missionaries didn't fill up the font like we asked them to earlier in the morning. Needless to say we had enough water, but it was pretty chilly. Loraya was baptised twice because her toe stuck out of the water the first go around. While helping her change into her beautiful white dress, she couldn't stop shivering. I told Loraya that the next white dress will be when she marrys in the temple.
My mom gave a wonderful talk on baptism and Isaac did such a good job with his talk on the Holy Ghost. We were surrounded by our Morgantown family. We couldn't be more lucky with the friends and the support our family has had while living here in Morgantown.
I love you Loraya. I am so proud of the very special girl you are becoming.
9 comments:
That's so wonderful!!!
Glad you had such great support! Wish I could have been there. Tell loraya we love her and are so happy for her!
Congratulations to Loraya! She looks so beautiful in her white dress. Please give her a big hug from us, and let her know we are so proud of her!
Yay Loraya. You guys all look great, especially Loraya in her beautiful baptism dress.
I'm so glad we could be here.
How great that both sets of parents could be there for Loraya's birthday and baptism! And even though a few things didn't go qutie the way you planned it will be a fun memory to remember down the road ;)
Congratulations! Too exciting.
I remember that I wore your baptism dress for mine and it was gorgeous.
She looks so beautiful. What a wonderful time for your family.
Such an amazing day for Loraya. She is such a sweet lovely girl. We were so glad we could share in this special day and birthday with her. Loved being able to visit with all of you and your parents. Such a great time!
wonderful!
Post a Comment