Isaac finished up basketball. He has improved a ton, and enjoyed playing. He can dribble and shoot and pass well. He still has to learn to be more aggressive and go after the ball. Isaac never once complained about going to basketball (anyone who knows my guy knows how huge a thing that is!) and even told me yesterday that he missed going to practices! So, he may not be the best on the team....but he did really enjoy it. He is always dribbling whatever he can at home. He has also discovered he likes watching the Sacramento Kings on TV. You can imagine what profound happiness this has created within Jacob. He even told a stranger at the rec center that he only watches and cheers for the Kings. The stranger was most definately a bit confused and wasn't even sure what basketball team Isaac was talking about!
Loraya has started singing in a children's choir after school. She loves singing and has such a pretty voice. The other day she told me that she sang the song she's learning in her choir to her whole school class, the people in her bus line and a few other teachers! I asked her if she was nervous to sing alone in front of so many people and she said she wasn't! Loraya has one more basketball game to cheer for. She cheers for the basketball team that she played on last year, so I really love going to the games and watching Loraya cheer and watching the kids play.
![]() |
| We went swimming at the rec center and Loraya got to invite one of her friends from school. |
| Loraya getting her mani... |
| 'All those fans in the stands stand up and clap your hands....' |
I told Loraya a few month ago if she got over 100 reading quiz points from school that I would take her to get a manicure. Well, Loraya delivered, so I had to stand by my promise. She loved being pampered (what girl doesn't!). I'm really proud of Loraya and how hard she works in school and how kind she is to everyone around her.
Other big news in our house is Macey no longer has her paci. I knew she had to be rid of the thing, but she adored it so much I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. But, it kind of happened naturally. She bites her paci alot, so eventually made a hole in it. She didn't want to suck on it once it was 'broken.' Last week she bit a hole in her last paci and I just decided to not buy her anymore. She cried about it for a while that first night and still asks for it each night she goes to bed. But, we are done with it. I actually can't believe how easy it was really. Macey is getting to be more independent. She loves singing and is always wanting to listen to her Disney Princesses music. Macey is in a big girl bed now, and she continues to be a stinker about staying in her bed at night. I'm really at a loss on how to help her stay in her bed and am very sleep deprived most of the time. Most of the time I am up with her in the night for a few hours trying to help her fall back asleep. I end up sleeping on the floor in her room or sometimes in bed with her. Just a phase, but still I don't enjoy the lack of sleep.
I don't have any pictures to show for it, but I went on this crazy run last weekend. I continue to train for my half marathon coming up in Washington DC next month. I did a trail run through the mountains with a bunch of friends last Saturday. It was snowing the whole time and the whole run we were running on a trail with at least 8-12 inches of snow! Crazy, and totally not like something I would usually do. When we were done my socks, shoes...were completely soaked. It took a few days to get my shoes to dry so I could run again. The most crazy thing is, I would totally do it again. It was so beautiful and so motivating to be out there running with these ladies whom I totally and completely look up to.
Valentine's Day was a bit crazy, but I guess most days are for me.
I went to the kids school Valentine's day parties and split my time between Loraya's and Isaac's class. The kids worked really hard on their Valentine's for their friends. (sorry, no picture again!)
I surprised Jacob with a Jimmer King's jersey, that David Kindrick sent me. I was surprised with tulips and a nice love note. I was so tired last night I went to bed at 9:30, hows that for a romantic evening? Hopefully Jacob and I can celebrate this weekend.
Also, Jacob has mid terms this next week. Please keep him in your prayers as he has 4 big tests next week. It will be a tough week for all of us!
XOXO!


9 comments:
Your little family stays very busy! I am SO impressed with your run - I would be hypothermic for a month. I am supposed to be phasing some jogging into my daily walks to prep for the 5k pig jig in May, and just thinking about it make me nauseous, haha.
This post made me so "homesick" for little kids - long gone are my days of party hopping at the elementary school, sigh. Good luck to Jacob!
Lots of activity at your house. I loved the valentine hair dos on the girls.
I hope Macey soon gets over this getting-up-in-the-night phase. That is just no fun.
We will be thinking positive thoughts for Jacob next week.
We will keep you (to get a good nights sleep) and Jacob (doing well and surviving his tests!) Good catch up post!
How would Isaac and Jacob like the Seattle Kings?
What a fun reward for Loraya. It's nice to think of something beyond food and toys.
Shareen, not Seattle Kings, Sacramento Kings..Jacob has been a life long fan through thick and thin. Jacob is proud to have a son following in his footsteps. :)
I just meant that Seattle is currently trying to steal the Sac. Kings away.
I love your posts. Way to be training, being a great mom, and being sweet to your spouse. Your testimony experience with Isaac is also so special.
ooooh, ha! I didn't even know about the Seattle Kings...that might be the best of both worlds for me. :)
i love the heart braids - that is awesome! I need a little girl to practice hair-do's on!
Post a Comment