Thursday, February 2, 2012

Testimony

Another story about Isaac that touched my heart and want to remember when I'm old and senile.

We like to play the Wii, the game of choice right now is Super Mario Brothers Wii.  Super fun, and we usually all play together.  Well, the kids and I play together.  Ok, most of the time I am playing and the kids watching....anyways.

At some point in the game Isaac got mad at Loraya and made her cry.  He told me he didn't care that he hurt Loraya's feelings and that she was a cry baby.

I can't remember exactly what I said to Isaac, but he ran up to his room crying.

I let a few minutes pass and I went up to Isaac's room to have a talk with him.  He was in hysterics.  I calmed his down and then asked him to go downstairs and apologize to Loraya for hurting her feelings.  He immediately did so.

Once he came back upstairs I expressed my love to him.  Told him how lucky I was to be his mom, and how proud I am of him.  I told him how kind he is to Macey, and how kind he is to others at school.  I gave him a big hug and kiss and asked him to say his bedtime prayers.

During his prayers he was emotional.  When he finished he had tears coming down his face.  I asked him why he was crying, and he responded that he was just 'so happy.'

It was a special moment.  I explained to him that what he was feeling was the Holy Ghost.  That what he was feeling was Heavenly Father and Jesus letting him know that they love him as well and they are proud of him.  The spirit was strong, and I know that Isaac was touched by it.

I'm so thankful for special moments like this as a parent.

6 comments:

McArthur Family said...

That's so great!

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing this, Julia. You are such a sweet mom, and such a great example to me. Your kids are blessed!

Linda Kelly said...

We had a wonderful meeting with the Temple Presidency about tender mercies in our lives. That is sure one to remember and record. We as parents are asked to remember, record and repeat them to our family to build their testimonies. What as special little boy you have and you truly are such a great example to us all.

becky said...

I'll just say ahmen to the other comments :)

Lynn, Sarah, and Ayslin said...

This is so sweet! It reminds me that I need to take more time to take moments like this into teaching ones! Thanks for sharing. :)

kristie said...

what a great kid. .. and especially a great mom! thanks for sharing that life learning and touching story :)