Monday, January 16, 2012

Sometimes....


I go into my kids' rooms and watch them sleep.  So perfect.  So sweet. 

Every bad deed that was said or done that day is washed away from memory. 


'I love you Momma,' says Macey as I tuck her in bed.  She sings me 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.'  I could melt.  Don't you love tucking kids in bed?  I love it almost as much as watching her fast asleep in sweet dreamland.

I sneak in Isaac's room.  I pull the covers up over him and watch his chest rise and fall, I can't resist, and give him a kiss.  My funny boy, what would life be without my Isaac? 

I tiptoe downstairs.  Loraya, my angel.  Feelings of love overwhelm me.  How did I get so lucky to be the mother of these kids?

Sometimes...being a mother is the best and not hard at all. 


6 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful post, Julia. I totally agree.

McArthur Family said...

I'm with ya. ;)

Linda Toolson said...

Keep enjoying them. They change so quickly.

Alexis said...

it's great to have those moments. I have to go in their rooms before i can go to sleep. Thos really are some great moments.

becky said...

miss those times...If I tried to sneak in a room first of all I don't think I could sneak and second I would probably get a pillow thrown at me and told to get out, jk....kinda ;)

becky said...

miss those times...If I tried to sneak in a room first of all I don't think I could sneak and second I would probably get a pillow thrown at me and told to get out, jk....kinda ;)