Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mario Party

Isaac's party is done. I don't have another party until Loraya's, which isn't until April. Whew.


I'm not posting these for anyone to be impressed.  I am happy and proud how everything came together though.  Isaac and all 12 of his friends had fun too.  No more then 6 friends ever again though.  12 was pretty crazy.


I loved the colors.  I used bright primary colors through out all the decorations.  Everything I got at the dollar store or I made or printed off the computer.
I know these look like bird with the black bird in the background...but I was happy how my mustaches turned out.  You have to have mustaches at a Mario party!!

Looking closely these 'mushroom pops' look pretty bad.  But, I still think they turned out cute.  Loraya helped me make them.  I bought the pipes from Lowes and then spray painted them green.
Koopa Cupcakes.  Just printed his picture off the Internet and hot glued it to a toothpick.  Again, I thought they turned out cute.

I like my play on words. 

Just because she's cute.

The artwork on the window Isaac and Loraya drew.  They were so cute I had to use them for decorations.  Here are most of the kids eating Luigi's Pizza.


Loraya dressed up as Princess Peach for the party.
Waiting for everyone to sing happy birthday
Charlotte, Tyler, Isaac and Brennen

Lucas's arm, Isaac and Charlotte

Isaac and Kaleb
Isaac, Tyler and Kiersten

Lucas, Isaac and Elena
Doing the Yoshi Egg hunt.

Fun with mustaches.



We also did Mario Bingo, but since I was busy doing it...I didn't get any pictures.  I made the bingo cards with pictures of all the characters and thought they turned out well. 

Now on to enjoying Christmas baking, light seeing, Holiday programs, a Temple trip, Caroling, holiday movie watching, and wrapping all those presents!!

8 comments:

Alexis said...

so cute. You did a great job. It's nice to have big events like that checked off the list. I'm sure that Isaac loved it too!

Unknown said...

Wow Julia, you did a great job! Fun for everyone.

becky said...

Believe me, I'm more than impressed! Good job mom!

Kristin Rose said...

It did turn out cute! Love all the details that tie back in to Mario Brothers. Most importantly it looks like all the kids had fun, fun, fun!

Kurt said...

Very impressive effort on the themed party.

So the question is, did all the young boys pay you high compliments for the efforts? :)

Linda Kelly said...

Super cute Julia! You did yourself proud. I am sure the kids had a GREAT time and the food and decorations turned out wonderful. Looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into this one! Way to go!

Linda Toolson said...

I am very impressed. You did a great amount of work. I hope Isaac loved it.

Shannon said...

Julia, you are SO creative! And a little crazy ;) Our rule was always no more guests than plates per pack (including guest of honor and siblings.) I am guessing from the smiles that it even got Isaac's stamp of approval!