Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Weekend

Our weekend started off with a little date night.  Jacob and I saw this movie:



It was interesting, but enjoyed being with Jacob more.  This week and next will be insane for him (and me holding things together on the home front) school wise.  I can't even keep up with all his tests, quizzes, assessments...your prayers would be much appreciated! 


Hope everyone enjoyed watching conference this weekend. I know I did. I am excited to listen to it again this week and catch up on the wonderful talks I missed. My testimony was strengthened of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the love that the Savior has for me and for each of you. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life to guide me and my family. 


 It rained all weekend!  Which means lots of indoor activities....not my favorite.  I did take the kids to the mall to get their Halloween costumes and check out all the scary displays, or at least part we got part of their costumes.  And Isaac got a hair cut.  Soccer was rained out.

 Naturally, since it was cold and rainy all weekend and it was conference weekend, I did A LOT of baking and a small amount of cooking.  Didn't the rolls turn out wonderfully?  I freezed a bunch of them so we don't eat them all in a few days time.

I love this soup!  If anyone is interested I can post the recipe.  It's from the Cooking Light magazine, so it's low in calories and it's just super duper yummy!  Chicken Florentine Soup....and it is even better heated up the next day for lunch.



The kids wanted to make sugar cookies as well.  I let them have their way.  I thought it would be fun to do leaves in fall colors.  I love the cookie that Loraya decorated below with the heart in the middle.

I plan to get these cookies out of my house ASAP.  I've already put together some plates to give to my neighbors. 

The kids actually have a 4 day weekend.  So, the fun continues tomorrow....and I'm looking forward to a lazy morning tomorrow as well.  Not a lazy day, too much to get done, but I am giving myself a lazy morning. 

3 comments:

Shareen said...

You will have to post your soup recipe. I'm constantly on the look-out for healthy, tasty meals.

Shannon said...

PLEASE post the soup recipe - it sounds yummy! And I wish I lived next door to you so that I could have a plate of those pretty cookies.

Sending lots of prayers your way for the week ahead!

Linda Toolson said...

The cookies and soup look great. I will be glad when it is cool enough here to think about making soup.

Your frosting looks different and so pretty.