Soccer is in full swing at our house. I have to say, I've never played soccer myself, and to be totally honest never really cared much for it. But, I think I would like to watch just about anything that my kids are participating in.
Isaac thankfully is enjoying soccer so far. He had a scrimmage Saturday morning.Loraya enjoyed practing soccer with her daddy.
Macey enjoyed roaming around the field.
There was only one time that Isaac had a 'fit.' I'm not sure what exactly happened, but Jacob had to go out and talk to him. It was quick lived and he was up and running soon.
Jacob had to study all weekend, but he was able to be there for Loraya's and Isaac's soccer games which was nice.
For Loraya's game they didn't have a ref. Jacob jumped in last minute and refed her game. He didn't have a whistle or a stop watch, so he had to use to phone to keep track of the quarters. At one point one of the parents from the other team yelled out at Jacob to get off his phone and pay attention to the game. I quickly let her know that he was using his phone to keep track of the time and he volunteered last minute to ref. She didn't say anything after that.
I took the kids to Burger King afterward to play at the playplace and burn off a bit more energy before going home for the night. Baths were necessary after playing (can those playplaces be any more nasty??!!). Today was spent relaxing and going to church. Don't you love Sundays? I love that nothing is scheduled and we can stay home as a family and just enjoy being home.
What did you do this weekend?
4 comments:
With your pictures of kids in jackets & all the talk of baking, you're making me long for fall - which is just not right. Summer is really not even over yet. I'd like to put off my fall-envy until late October. This weekend I went to Camille's soccer game, took Camille swimsuit shopping & to the Container Store, went over to a friends' house for dinner & Settlers, church stuff & went walking on the beach (you know, because it's STILL SUMMER).
I love Sundays, too... and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies... and dads who jump in at the last minute to help out with kids sports!
We got the tiniest sneak peak of fall last Friday and Saturday (LOVE IT!) but now our weather is irritatingly warm again.
I will be blogging our weekend in a bit. :)
Yes I agree with Shannon, I am a bit irritated, earlier in the month we endured days and days of 90's and finally when it cooled off I was like aha no more 90's and now I see in the forecast they will be back again at the end of the week, geez.
This week has been crazy with work YW, Bob's birthday, mom and dad visiting, personal shopper, baby shower in Seattle and a talk in Sacrament meeting. I am hoping for an easier week coming up! And by the way, I learned to like soccer quite a lot but it took a while!
I guess I am behind in checking blogs. Lots of fun pictures. All of your baking sounds yummy. After tasting milk shakes and hamburgers on our trip, there will be no baking at my house. I think we still have some Nutrisystem food left.
Post a Comment