I could move and live on the Oregon coast in a heartbeat! Soo beautiful! It was special to go back to Seaside, 10 years later with our kids. (We spent our honeymoon in Seaside!)
Also, to my mom and sisters...I know you are pretty much the only people that read this blog now...but I had to post anyways...
We flew from Sacramento of Portland. Before driving to Seaside we had a quick family gathering at the park with Jacob's extended family. Some cousins I have never met before and it was fun seeing people again that I haven't seen in quite a few years.
In Seaside we got to stay in Jacob's Grandpa's beach cabin. Let me tell you...the smell hasn't changed! :) All of my siblings and my mom and dad stayed in a Trendwest resort a quick walk away. We did spend a lot of time at the hotel and pretty much were only at the cabin to sleep at night.
The first night there in Seaside we had a bonfire on the beach. A little football was played. I little soccer was also played. And smores were made! Perfect!
Another highlight was going to Ecola State Park and visiting Indian Beach. BEAUTIFUL!! Twilight was also filmed at this beach...just a fun little fact if you were interested.
While my sister Shareen stayed with ALL the little ones, the rest of the adults and older cousins went on a short 3 mile hike.
The sceanry was amazing and so many cool trees.
We were so looking forward to eating at Norma's! Their clam chowder was just as good as I remember it!
We loved going to visit the .75 cent Tillamook ice cream store too!
Lots of beach time. Macey would be covered from head to toe with sand...in about .1 seconds! But the kids could be entertained for HOURS on end by digging in the sand. Some people were brave and took on skim boarding and boggie boarding. That water is TOO cold for me!! I was happy to sit and watch in my warm sweatshirt.
A day trip to Astoria was made to see the Astoria column. It had amazing views at top.
Lots of swimming too! We were lucky to be able to swim at the resort and be able to go to the beach as well. Again, that water was a bit too cold for me...but the hot tub was just about right.
We all went back to Indian beach to take family pictures. Thanks again to Bob for taking the pictures! And thanks to Kristie and Dave, they made these hoodies for everyone. Each family had a different color. It was so nice to have these on the cold evenings on the beach.
Oh, we saw a bull, cow and a few calves on our way in to take our family pictures! The pictures are kinda blurry...but WOW elk are HUGE! Very cool to see them so close.
I love my family! Thank you everyone for being such an amazing example to me. I am blessed.
I loved running each morning with my sister Kristie. The salty ocean air was a wonderful way to wake up each morning.
We had to make a stop in and go on the bummer cars and play a round of putt putt golf. Loraya begged me to buy her that princess hat...I didn't cave.
More beach time...
After everyone had left home, we had a few extra few days to spend in Oregon. We went to the beach once last time, to the Buzz candy store...(I will never admit how much money we spent in that candy store!!) and checked out Pig-n-Pancake. (Their strawberry waffles were super yummy!)
We also had the chance to check out Jacob's aunt and uncle's farm outside of Portland. It was nice to visit with Jacob's Grandpa and Grandma Marge again we well. I hope I have their energy when I am that age!!

8 comments:
What fun - I love the Oregon coast.
Ann
I am so glad you had a wonderful time at the beach. Yes, we all know the beach cabin is 100 years old and smells like it too! Everyone that I have talked to said they were so excited to see and meet your fun little family. What a way to spend your vacation. Fun, Family and Friends all in one place!
wished we were all back there....one week was not enough!!
I love looking at our vacation photos. What a fun time. I must say, while all kids get messy at the beach, your kids did amaze me with the speed which they could get head-to-toe covered in wet and sand. 0 to 60 seconds flat. And I'm still amazed my kids never wanted me to take them to the candy store. They have no idea what they missed.
You got some great pictures - looking at them makes me want to be back in Seaside. LOVED spending time with you and meeting miss Macey!
It was so fun looking at all your pictures. thank goodness we have photos to keep our memories alive.
Say, why does your family picture look much brighter than the one I had done at Costco. Mine is really dark even though I tried to adjust the brightness. Oh well, maybe someone else will get a better one.
so much fun. It is always fun to hang out with family, let the kids go wild and relax on the beach. We really need to plan a family reunion.
Looks like such a great family fun time. It's cool seeing a picture of all your family - most of them I haven't seen in a very very long time!
Post a Comment