No matter what, travel days are long and hard on the kids. The adjustment to PST time was rough, especially for Macey. That first day that we were in Cali was horrible for her, she was soooo tired and mixed up she just didn't know what to do with herself. Then there was the waking up BEFORE the sun was even up....
BUT we made it through those first few days and enjoyed being together with family.
We arrived Friday night at about 11 PM PST, which was about 2 in the morning for our family!
We over lapped with Matt, Stacie and their family (Jacob's bro) just for a day. Ava's birthday celebration was that morning, I was so glad we could be there for her party. Christy did an amazing job planning and preparing for the party and it was beautiful all put together. Head on over to Christy's Blog to see all her pictures.
The kids loved going on Grandpa's four wheeler!
We spent ALOT of time in the pool! The kids have really taken off with their swimming this summer. And who knew Isaac was such a dare devil?? He was willing to try just about ANYTHING while going off the diving board!
He got really good at doing a front flip as well as diving.
One lovely evening we went over to The Fountains. We enjoyed eating at Big Spoon Yogurt..YUM, picture taking at the fountains...PRETTY, and listening to an awesome band playing songs from my high school years!
Hmmm, I thought I posted a different pic where Lo and Isaac aren't making crazy faces...but I'm too lazy to fix it... cute nonetheless with Grandma and Grandpa Kelly.
Mike, Christy and their cute kids Ava and Jack.
us!
Cute Ava! ...or Aba as Macey would say....
What else did we do?
Disc golfing, shopping, eating yummy stuff, movie watching, learned how to make layered jello..YUM, morning runs, enjoyed sunny days everyday..with NO humidity!!
It's so hard for me....I kinda want to just wish away these next few years of dental school so we can be back living in sunny California and be close to family once again. BUT, I know how blessed we are for the people we have met here in Morgantown. AND, I know how quickly 3 years can pass....
2 comments:
That does look like a trip jam-packed with fun.
It was so fun to have you guys visit. We love you guys!
Post a Comment