Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello from freezing Morgantown!



It seriously isn't nice to have almost a week of sunny, warm weather...and then go back to freezing temps and snow. Boo.




Apparently Feburary is almost gone!



Yesterday, being President's Day, the kids didn't have school. I thought it would be fun to go up to Pittsburgh for the day. We've never been to the Children's Museum, so it was a new adventure.





Macey liked playing with these cars and seeing them race down the track.






An exhibit about air. Anyone seen Macey? That girl is hard to keep track of!





The favorite part for everyone was the third level. I wasn't prepared for water play. I stripped Macey down to her diaper and put her in the raincoats they provided. All the kids loved it.




A big climby thingy.






This is how Macey watches TV....and she loves Mickey Mouse! Why do kids always want to watch TV so close?




Valentine's Day was filled with lots of fun surprises.


My day started off with Isaac and Loraya making me breakfast (peanut butter toast) and singing me a song written by both of them. Jacob was at school all day and had a test that night. It was a fun surprise to have him walk in the door at 5! It was also fun to have flowers delivered to me during the day and find a nice card and new Glee CD on the seat of my car! Fun!


We had a romantic dinner at Burger King with the kids and let them play at the play place.


Loraya is done with basketball for the season. Their team wasn't too good. But, I still had fun watching them play and seeing Loraya improve. Here is her team picture. I thought it turned out cute.



We had our New Beginnings Program last Wednesday with the Young Women of our church. Since we combine with the other ward it was the other wards time to plan it, I didn't have to do much....except these scrapbooks for the girls and talk briefly about the Young Women's program. It was a HUGE project. We did a value mini scrapbook for each of the girls to take home. That would be 35 scrapbooks, 385 pages total! It was a wonderful feeling to glue the last page together!


here are a few of my supplies. I spent over a month working on these each night. My hot glue gun was my new best friend.
Loraya is still enjoying Girl Scouts and gymnastics.
Isaac continues to do gymnastics as well. We are signing him up for t-ball for the spring.
Macey is almost able to go to Nursery at church on Sunday! She is a non stop ball of energy!
Jacob taking his last test today for mid terms and looks forward to a ski trip to Lake Tahoe with his dad and brother for Spring Break.
Me? I'm hanging in there. I look forward to warmer weather and having my mom come and visit while Jacob is away.
Wednesday I went to take Macey to the doctor. I got there and they told me her appointment was Thursday morning...not Wednesday morning. Thursday night I was hurrying Loraya along to finish her homework so she could get her basketball clothes on and then eat her dinner to get her to Girl Scouts in time. We got there only to find no one was there! We were there the wrong Thursday! I must also mention that this entails getting every one's shoes on, getting everyone to eat dinner fast and get everyone buckled in the car.... I may just be losing my mind!!
Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I won't let a whole month pass before my next blog post!

6 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

What a busy life all of you mothers have. It makes me tired to read of all your activities. It is so good you have children while you are young.

When do we get to see a picture of your finished scrapbooks?

becky said...

I guess I have it pretty darn easy these days...not that work is all that great but when I come home I don't have a bunch of little ones needing this or that (although the boys still ask every day around 5"What's for dinner?")I would be losing my mind too...

Linda Kelly said...

You are truly a SUPER mom and woman balancing all of your activities. You will look back and just remember a blur of activity. It is so wonderful that you blog about your every day goings on so you can look back and remember all of this! LUVS

Alexis said...

I missi you. What an accomplishment to scrapbook all of that. I think you need to get a family calendar on your fridge with everyone's activities and apts so you won't show up on the wrong days... but then you will have to remember to write them on there. You really are a great Mom tho.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

You sound busy! i can't believe you had to put together all of those scrap books. I'm feeling a little of your pain as we prepare to put together the Relief Society birthday diner this month. Sigh:).

Julia Kelly said...

Alexis, the sad thing is that I do have a calendar with everything written down...I just wrote down the wrong days!