One of many many corn fields.
We traveled a few days to arrive in CO. 2 nights staying in hotels weren't bad especially sleeping on Hamilton Inn's beds. 3 days of driving weren't bad either because we had TONS of food in the cooler, new sticker books for the kids and lots of movies to watch in the car. The only mistake I made was not having a book to read the first part of the drive.
We found a great rest stop to eat lunch at, they even had a small play ground which was so nice for the kids to get some energy out. Macey was the biggest challenge on the trip for a few reasons.
#1 being she doesn't nap anywhere but her crib. I think the longest nap she took was about an hour in her car seat. Quiet time was strictly enforced and Isaac and Loraya usually watched a movie while Macey slept for a short nap. Many things wake Macey up no matter how tired she is: the car door opening
stopping the car/ and or slowing down too much
the kids crying about whatever (she's pointing at me, he won't stop looking at me, .....)
#2 reason is she doesn't like being in her car seat for hours and hours at a time. I can't say that I blame her! Not legal I know, but I would give Macey 'little breaks' while Jacob drove and I would nurse her, and let her crawl around the car a bit. (Yes, i know I'm an awesome mom.)
beautiful sunset in the heartland of our country.
BUT, as fun as driving for 3 days is.....we were very excited to arrive at Matt and Stacie's (Jacob's brother) brand new beautiful home in Colorado.
9 comments:
I have fond memories of car trips when my kids were little. Course, we had no movies to watch, but then driving from Washington to Utah isn't the same as a cross country trip. You are all to be congratulated for being so brave.
the ability to watch movies in the car is a life-saver for sure! You are brave to do it with 3 young kids, I wonder who would whine more your young kids or my old kids??
I think I would whine the most. Hands down =). Glad you're back!! It was good to see some pics of flat land. That's my territory. haha.
Love that sunset! I am still trying to decide if you are brave or crazy... ;) I am glad that you enjoyed it all enough to say you'd be willing to do it again!
I thought your post was going to read, "living in the van, down by the river!" (SNL reference)
Glad your trip was good. I admire you guys for your gumption.
What a trip to remember. We loved having you here and were amazed at how grown up the kids are getting. So much fun but still so much fun to get home and start Dental school!
Now I'm really sad you don't have any pictures of your van by a river. Very funny Kurt.
Quite the adventure! That's a lot 'o miles to put on, but yeah, the memories will be priceless. It might be a long time, but when you are back in Utah - closer to Wasatch front then just St. George - I'd love to see you guys. Now that we left your beloved Seattle. :( I miss it!
You make road trips look fun!! ;0)
Post a Comment