Saturday, May 15, 2010

On Target

One month ago I decided to really focus on eating whats good for me. Trying to change 3 years worth of bad habits is hard work! I started making simple goals....

1. not eat more the 1500 calories a day
2. don't eat after 8PM
3. eat ONLY when hungry
4. 5 fruits/veggies a day
5. at LEAST 45 min of cardio a day

Some days are/were better then others, but the most important thing is that I'm doing it!

It was super overwhelming at first because I had so much weight to lose, and it didn't seem doable.

But, I am doing it and now I only have about 20 pounds left! I've lost 10 pounds in the last month.

I feel great.
I feel healthy.
I feel that this goal is with in my reach!

5 comments:

Shareen said...

Good for you Julia. I am very good at coming up with health goals, but have a very hard time sticking to more than one at a time.

Unknown said...

that treadmill sounds like it has been just the right thing for you. huh??
Well, good job. I know it's not easy to stick with those goals. keep it up!!
I still wish we could run together. . . i could use a partner!

Shannon said...

Great job, Julia!

becky said...

I know how hard it is to eat healthy for a day or a week so doing it on a day to day basis, week after week can be overwhelming but like you said when you slowly start feeling better and see the results it does get easier! Great job!

Mike and Christy said...

Great job! I need those goals too. I do the cardio thing, but then I come home and eat cake...I have only lost 3lbs in 2 months. I'm gonna have to calorie count too I'm afraid.