Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chart Happy

Hovatter's Zoo.

Funniest Zoo Ever. So fun though and I can't wait to go again and take Loraya and Jacob to show them this crazy Zoo.

First,
Buy a Moonpie


Second,
Throw it over the fence to feed the bears! Thats right, throw the moon pie over the fence...how hilarious is that!! Poor bears!!


I had to take a picture of this ugly thing...this is the worlds largest rodent. I believe a ways back my nephew Brian wrote he had to EAT one of these gross things on his mission! YUCK!



These goats were so funny. Isaac was cracking up so hard feeding these goats! I should have taken a video of him laughing. I love how contagious his cute laugh is.


Pretty much you could feed EVERY animal in the Zoo. Cheerios, popcorn and moon pies...what a healthy diet! Here Isaac is feeding this bear through the tube. I'm telling you....this place was HILARIOUS!
****************************
Yes, I think we are a bit chart happy at our house! We do a chart for anything and everything to get the kids to do what we want.

My favorite was when Isaac said to me:"Mommy, how about we make YOU a chart. Every day you don't get mad at me, you can get a sticker on your chart!" haha! :)

Anyways, Isaac is a big boy now and doesn't carry his blankie around the house with him anymore. He went a whole 2 weeks with keeping his blankie in his bed! This is serious progress people!



Anyways, 2 weeks with keeping his blankie in his bed earned a trip to Valley Worlds of Fun! The kids FAVORITE place to go. They probably ask at least 15 times or more a week if we can go there!


Slides is always Isaac's favorite


Loraya is turning into a good little basketball player.

Loraya also LOVES rock climbing walls. Look how good she is, almost to the top!

I was so proud of Isaac! He went on every single ride this time! No tears, no stopping rides because he was crying (ok, except the Teacups!). What an improvement!!
*****************
Less then a week and Macey and I will be traveling to visit my parents in St. George!! Can't wait!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

They seriously let you feed the animals at the zoo? That is the strangest thing ever!
And I'm wondering if that rodent is a cousin to the inhabitants of the swamp that Princess Buttercup and Farmboy had to fight their way through?
Looks like lots of fun times at the Kellys!

Jaime said...

you've inspired me to make a chart that we will call "if you stay in your bed at night, you earn a sticker". Thanks Julia! why didn't I think to do this a week ago.

And I want to go to your zoo. The moon pie thing is just too dang funny & sounds very entertaining.

Alexis said...

Where is that zoo? We'll have to go next time, our zoo doesn't have any bears. Are you going to be in provo at all? I'll be there over memorial weekend.
I think I need a chart like yours, it would keep our house a lot more peaceful, don't you think?

Shareen said...

Poor animals! Look what eating Moon-Pies did to poor Elvis. And I was going to reference the ROUS's from Princess Bride too Shannon! Today I mentioned to Anya that she might be getting too old for her blankie, and she looked at me like I was nuts. She doesn't carry it around though. What do you get to earn for your chart?

Unknown said...

that is the craziest zoo ever! i kinda feel bad for the animals. . .and i love the princess bride reference! perfect!

Mike and Christy said...

I wanted it to be a surprise, but it would be dumb to make macey some shoes and then have them be too small, so if you could give me her foot size (in inches length and width) that would be great and you'll be getting a special package soon. oh and 6month size rainbow and what other kind or color of blingkie do you want cause they come in two.