After telling Isaac it's time to get ready for church,
'I don't want to go to church. I hate church.'
While listening to I am a Child of God in the car,
'I hate this song.'
'I hate when they say that prayer.'
'I hate singing!'
After telling Isaac to use his quiet voice in the chapel,
'I hate when you say that!'
So, Isaac can be a bit negative. (OK, a lot negative)
But, is it bad that it always makes me laugh? I mean how can a four year old have such strong hateful feelings about so many things?! I'm hoping this is just a phase.
Jacob so kindly pointed out as well, that Isaac looks like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber with his flat hair....one more thing that he hates doing is getting his hair fixed!
The day is never boring with Isaac by my side!
13 comments:
What a character! You are an awesome mommy to laugh and take it in stride.
Oh dear, that made me laugh. He and Anya are two peas in a pod. Don't you think it would be therapeutic for them to spend a week together, maybe trapped in a room or something? (I've heard regularly almost all the same gripes).
I don't even know what to say to that. He is definitely a character. We seem to have quite a few characters for grandchildren. Doesn't come from my genes I am sure !.
Hmm--this comforts me b/c Kennedy is at the same stage and I was worried she'll be a pessimist for life!
"Hate" is now like a cuss word at our house it's that off limits.
Love your yellow walls!
Okay, I laugh at my kid too sometimes when he says "I hate...", but he's been saying it a little too much for my liking, so I read an article in the recent Disney Family Fun magazine where a Mom had this same problem. For everyone negative thing her child said, he had to say one nice thing. So, I have started this with Truman, and it has been working. I'm quite surprised too because the negative comments have slowed quite a bit. Hope this helps.
Thanks Jaime! Thats a great idea.
that is a very cute idea that jaime shared!
and glad you can smile at your cute "mr. negative"!
Love your new picture on the top of your blog. How cute are those three little munchkins!!! Isaac is so passionate about his HATE of things just like he is passionate about his letters!! He is just a passionate kind of guy. He will out grow this so don't worry. I really liked the idea that Jamie said. That should work a few times.
I did that with Katie when she started 3rd grade. She "hated" her teacher, mostly because she had a reputation for being strict. I had her name 3 positive things that happened in the day (even if it was lunch) and it did help. It's a bit of a chore though! He will outgrow it I'm sure and it is especially good that you can just laugh, sometimes we have to just ignore the majority of what our kids say (remember this when they are teenagers as well). They like to get a reaction out of ut sometimes.
maybe it's a boy thing cuz Bryson does the same thing... or after reading Sarah's comment, maybe a 2nd child thing.
What a funny kid! I love how kids all have their own personalities! He will grow out of it am sure. Ashton has been like that before. I love all the pictures you took of Isaac. Those are classic. What a cute boy. That is why it is funny. Because he is so cute!
This post made me laugh so hard--Olivia is turning way negative too. I think it's a 4 year old thing.
I didn't know you were going private! Count me in!
I thought I should catch up on all of you. Congrats on getting into dental school!!!
We tease Jessie about having the Lloyd look too. Too funny.
I think we'll use Jaime's idea on Whitney. Teenagers, arghhh!
Love to you all.
Aunt Laurie
Post a Comment