Monday, March 8, 2010

Just another happy dinner at the Kelly home

The kids were goofing off at dinner time. Not staying in their seats, not eating, and not listening. So Jacob set the timer for 5 minutes for the kids to finish their dinner. You can see how well Loraya and Isaac liked it when we set the timer.....

When I'm old and my memory has failed me, I want to remember EVERYthing about being a young mom. The good, the bad and the ugly. I believe this would fall under the ugly category. :)

15 comments:

Amy D. said...

Why is this so funny to me?? Probably because it makes me feel like my house is halfway normal. I love macey's cute little face by the way.

Jaime said...

okay that is hysterical! Ohhh, dinner time is a difficult one. Love that you pulled out the camera to capture them at this moment.

Linda Toolson said...

I certainly remember some similar happy, dinner tiimes around our house. I wonder why it is so hard to for kids to eat.

Macey looks a little concerned. It's always good to see her cute face.

Linda Kelly said...

The best part was the way that Jacob was counting down the seconds and getting Isaac to really express his anger!! You have to love the little face on Macey when she was watching the kids cry!! Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of real life!

Shannon said...

Oh boy. Now that is one thing I don't miss! It is good to have a shot of reality to temper the nostalgia. :)

Kristin Rose said...

Oh the things I get to look forward to!!

Unknown said...

fun times! thanks for the laugh! (or is it bad that I am laughing. . .)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, that is exactly what happens at our house and I have no idea why the timer is so scary, but if she is taking too long we say we're going to set the timer and Ayslin totally freaks out crying hysterically.

Pamela said...

This describes dinner at my house. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.

becky said...

i hate to say it but that is probably not the last of the "ugly"

Alexis said...

You would have thought that you were trying to make them eat pigs feet. We totally do the same thing. They have gotten use to it, but if they don't beat it, it kind of looks like your kids. I never thought to record it. That was great!

Laurel said...

Oh, my gosh. If I didn't KNOW how dramatics kids really are, I would totally think this was scripted and those kids of yours were acting. Awesome! I especially love Macey looking from you to Isaac with that "WTF?" look on her face. :)

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Okay, I feel better about our "awesome" dinners with the kids:). Bless you for sharing.

kelly said...

I love this video. So funny. And my kids LOVE watching it, too. Hmmm..... wonder why?!

Shareen said...

My kids love watching this too. It's funny how my own tantrum girl finds other kids' tantrums so mystifying. Their favorite part though is Macey's expression.