We thought we would save some money and guess what we did? Got rid of cable!! What do we do now?? The kids are confused, and what do I do when Jacob is working and the kids are in bed?
Things I don't want to do at night:
clean anything
laundry
think to hard
Between myself, Jacob, Loraya and Isaac it's a fight for the computer.
It's not like we watched THAT much TV, but now that it is gone....I miss it...and it's only been a day and a half!
9 comments:
If you decide you want to get it again and go with DirectTV, I've got one of those you get a $100 and I do too coupons.
Best of luck adjusting...I know it would be an adjustment for us as well.
Can you still get local channels? I don't watch tv much either, but I would be seriously bummed if I couldn't catch the occasional Rick Steeve's European Travel show or fold laundry to Rachael Ray!
You are brave! I have a few shows I like and would miss not watching the morning news and a little bit of the Today show while getting ready for work in the morning!
It's a good choice to save money, but man I couldn't give up my cable. Good luck to you guys. Here are some ideas for your alone time that you don't know what to do with: scrapbooking, reading, cooking (prep for dinner meals for the week), paint your nails, soak in the tub, facial, and the list could keep going. Give us an update in a while and let us know how you're doing with it.
WE've been without cable/dish for almost two years now!!! Its hard at times and I'm sooooo sick of the same movies but I tell you what!!! It is such a relief not hearing "i want that toy" all the time! Or wanting to see certian shows at certian times. If you want to watch your shows go to www.tvshack.com and you can watch all your shows for FREE!!! You'll get used to no TV soon.
You're brave, woman:). I don't miss cable, but we've got an HD antenna that's awesome. It makes Doug happy and I'm happy for him. I'm too obsessed with reading, writing, and blogging.
And I'm SO impressed with your saintly move of driving 3 hours--both ways--to support your Young Women. You're going to heaven for sure. And I loved seeing Macey's roll over. I like how much trouble Isaac gets into, too:).
We found out while in Germany that we survived just fine without TV. Although, there were times when we would come home at night,and I wished I could just turn on the TV and relax and Brian wished he could watch a ball game. We did get movies from the library a few times and watched on the computer. I also read quite a few books, besides the scriptures.
we have done this a couple different times. . . and once the hard adjustment is over I really liked it. . . but i don't think we will be getting rid of it again any time soon! i love my dvr too much!
good luck with the no tv thing. just think of all the money you are saving! glad you are having a good time in utah. hav eyou read The hunger games/catching fire yet? if not, you need to ASAP!
Post a Comment