Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer is Fun!

I've been having so much fun taking pictures with my new camera, can you tell I've been picture taking happy?! :)

9 more days until California...we are all so excited!



Summer is so fun. Here's what we've been up to this week:



Water balloon fights....



It takes a long time to fill up water balloons!




Daddy getting Isaac, can you see the water coming down on him?





Loving it...


I'm going to get you Loraya...





Getting ready to fire.




I love how excited Isaac's face is in this picture.


Birthday Parties....



'Take a picture of me in the car Mommy.'
I don't know very many people that like the humidity...but humidity works in Loraya's favor. Her hair has been so cute and curly lately!



Sorry this picture was blurry, but I love how messy the kids faces are in this picture. Loraya was so excited to see some of her friends from pre-K. And look how HUGE they cut the cake slices...yikes!



Going to rainy ward BBQs.....



Having a not so fun time at the grill.








Swimming!



Isaac waiting his turn to go down the water slide.









OH, and my new favorite thing is making Orange Julius's. So refreshing and pretty healthy....at least it's better for you then a chocolate milkshake!


Feel like one?


1 cup of milk

1 cup of water

1 cup of OJ concentrate

9 ice cubes (more or less)

1/4 cup sugar

3 tsp of vanilla.


Mix together and enjoy!
What have you been doing so far this summer?

10 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

Cannot wait to spend time with you guys in a week! What kind of camera did you get. The quality looks great. Very clear images

Jenner said...

that OJ sounds really good! have a ton of fun in CALI!

Anonymous said...

Julia you are such a fun mommy1 Looking at your pictures makes me realize how boring I am, but you did give me some great ideas for summer. And I am going to have to try out your orange-julius!

Julia Kelly said...

I got a Nixon coolpix L100. I'm really happy with it and we got a great deal at Target!

Linda Kelly said...

The new camera is working great! The pics are so fun to see and capture all the detail of the water drops!! I hope the kids are excited to jump in grandmas pool with "Zip"

Linda Toolson said...

It was fun to see your cute pictures. I'm glad you like your camera. I just got back from Park City today. Had a nice weekend with Toolsons and Kindricks. I've said goodbye several times now so they are hoping along with me that we really do go soon.

becky said...

Cute pics! I love Loraya's hair, wish mine would get a little natural curl in the humidity. She should go visit Brian, she's be the cutest white girl!

Shareen said...

What nice pictures you take Julia. I hope filling up water balloons was a one-time moment of insanity, and not something you do regularly, or I will have to feel really guilty about my mothering. We've been lazing around the house, going to the pool & watching too much tv. Yesterday we went to the zoo with David & Tiffany.

Alexis said...

I ddin't know you got a new camera. It is always fun to test out cameras, and even better, on your kids. I wish that my hair and humidity liked eachother. Fun stuff... we really feel like we are missing out on Cali, we didn't realize that EVERYONE is going to be there. But we will be having a baby. I guess another year.

Shannon said...

Great pictures, Julia! We just got home from visiting UT (EFY for B and P, fun with the Kindricks for K, J and me) and are gearing up for a visit from the Eberles mid-week. I wish we were also seeing you guys this summer. I am looking forward to seeing fun pictures from California!