Jacob worked during the day, so I was kinda mopey most of the day. But, I snapped out of it and we had a fun evening!
We first went over to Jason and Brita's house for a BBQ.
Next we went to a very lame parade. But, the kids had fun because they gots lots of this:
Yes, lots of candy.
Some friends that watched the parade with us.
There were lots of Fire Engines, tow trucks, and other large trucks.
Brita, Isaac and Amber. I wasn't entertained by the parade, but we had good company.
After the parade we went lit our own fireworks with more friends.
Love sparklers.
Next on the adgenda was the firework show that the city of Morgantown put on. I didn't get any picture of this. The kids stayed awake until 11PM (Loraya still woke up at her usual 6:45AM). They loved the fireworks. Isaac didn't like how loud they were. He's a bit sensitive to loud noises....like flushing toliets. :) Loraya was fun to listen to....she was very into the fireworks.
We always miss being with family during holidays, but are lucky to have wonderful friends here in West Virginia!
5 comments:
How funny that Isaac is the one that doesn't like fireworks. Megan hates them, but Bryson loves them. Glad you guys had friends to celebrate with, it makes it better then celebrating alone. At least you have 2 more days till a fun vacation!! Hope you guys have fun! Wish we could be there.
Oh, I am so happy for you to go to California, sounds like so much fun especially with all this rain we've been having.
I wonder if Ayslin likes fireworks, she hasn't in the past. We didn't even get to see fireworks yesterday because Ayslin peed right before we had to leave, so I still don't know if Ayslin would like them this time or not. Guess we'll have to find out next year.
It looks like you had a fun and festive 4th!
Kurt always teases me about being sensitive to noise, but Isaac has topped me - flushing toilets?!? Bless his heart. :)
looks like you celebrated in style! have a great time in california!
Camille also doesn't like the sounds of fireworks or flushing toilets. Worst of all is automatic flushing toilets - who knows when that scary sound might be coming. They must be related. Glad you enjoyed your 4th!
Post a Comment