Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life.

Well life is pretty calm around our house. Not too much to report, but thought I would blog abouts been going on anyway.

Sick.

Yes, we've all been sick. I am the last to receive the blessings of everyone else's germs. Usually Jacob is able to avoid whatever the kids are sick with, but not so lucky this time around. Not much sleep has been had. I guess it's just a gentle reminder of nights to come with a newborn.

Bloody noses.

Isaac has been having all these random bloody nose bleeds. They never last for too long, but weird none the less. I can't blame it on the dry weather, because it's been pretty humid here this past week. Unfortunately, a few of these nose bleeds have been happening from 2AM - 6AM.

Sexual Purity.

I survived the 'class' I taught on sexual purity on Sunday. I was asked to speak at a Stake Youth Fireside a few weeks ago and its been on my mind constantly ever since. I actually had a good time, and tried to keep the class as 'light' as possible. I sure love being around the youth in the church.

Ultrasounds!

Yes, I finally complained and they rescheduled me with another ultrasound tech for next Tuesday. Hopefully this time around my experience will be a little better then last. Free of charge they are doing a 3D ultrasound. I get to take home the little DVD and everything. Stay tuned for that.....

Vampires.

Isaac informed me today that he wants to be a vampire when he grows up. When I told him that vampires eat blood he didn't seem as excited about the idea.

PreK.

Isaac has been accepted into the preK program for next fall. It is M-Thurs from 8:30-3:30! I'm still undecided about if he's ready for such a long day of school. If it was half day it would be a no brainer for me...but full day?? Yes, I think he needs to be cut loose from his mommy a little bit.....but am I ready for him to be cut loose??

Sunshine.

Parks, walks, t-ball games, ice cream, flip flops, lots of baths for the kids. Everything is a bloom here in West Virginia. It's such a beautiful time of year!

California!

We finally have our tickets for California this summer. Yeah! Can't wait to see family, friends,eat at Coasta Vida and spend lots of time in Jacob's parent's pool! It's weird to think we haven't been back since we moved in Sept. 07.

24 Weeks.

Yes, I'm 24 weeks now and looking quite pregnant. I keep thinking, maybe the doctor has missed that there is another kid in there....and the reason I'm so big already is because I'm having twins. The kids like to remind me on a daily basis how big my tummy is getting. I'm just thinking....wait until I can't see my feet and my belly button has popped out!!

14 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

What are the dates that you will be in CA? Sorry to hear that everyone got sick. hope you all get better soon to enjoy the spring.

Linda Toolson said...

Sorry you all have been sick. Seems like a strange time of year to be getting flu or whatever you had.

I'll bet you are excited for your trip to CA. I wish we could see you one more time before we go, but I don't think so.

Thanks for all the news. It's nice to know what has been going on.

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear everyone has been sick, but hooray for another ultrasound! As far as the nosebleeds, I bet Isaac has surface veins. My kids have all been easy bleeders - especially Paul. A sneeze is all it takes, or sometimes just standing up too fast. If it is a big problem, you can have the dr. coterize (sp?) the veins. Lucky you, going to California! I wish we got to see you this summer, but I know I can't be selfish - we got you last year.
I am in awe that Isaac might be in school all day next year; your kids are so independent!

becky said...

Well it sounds like quite a bit has been happening, some good, some not so good! I will be excited to hear what your having and I'm glad they re-scheduled and the best part you don't have to pay!! I have heard those 3D are super cool.

Anonymous said...

It is no fun to be sick. I hate it. That is funny that you mention costa vida. That has been on my mind like for days and days. Maybe it is the lack of good food in my house that has brought on these thoughts. I will call you soon if I don't hear from you so that we can get together and let the kids play. Plus, I want to see you of course! :)

Shareen said...

Best stage of pregnancy, summer, vacations, new ultrasound - sounds like if you guys can just get well, stop bleeding in the middle of the night, and get some sleep, things will be good.

Jaime said...

Sounds like a lot is going on with you guys. I hope you are on the mend soon, and feeling great. That is great news about your ultrasound being rescheduled, and I hope you get to find out the gender of you baby. Good luck with everything.

The Terrell Family said...

Nosebleeds - Sounds like a job for the ENT =). Ooh, I can't wait for your belly button to pop out. It is a pregnancy quirk I never experienced, but have always enjoyed in others =).

Linda Kelly said...

Make sure to keep the sick in West Virginia!! Can't wait to hear what the baby gender is! Hopefully you get the nice girl this time. Isaac is so ready for an all day preschool. With the new baby, you will be glad to have the time to rest and bond with the new little one. Isaac will love having time to play and share and be with other kids.

Unknown said...

i am so glad to hear you get another ultra sound! i hope it works out much better this time. hang in there with the sickness. . hopefully that is about done.

Alexis said...

Hurray for a free ultrasound! I'm excited to find out what you are having. I'm glad that you guys get to go out to Cali, we wish that we would be able to go this summer too. Hey you guys can come visit us after the baby comes!! And with Isaac... I think that a full day preschool would be great. It will give him his own thing while Loraya is at school, he'll feel like like such a big boy.

Erika said...

I am SO glad they are going to let you have another ultrasound!!!

Jenner said...

i am excited to find out about baby #3. too bad i will miss you in CA.

Melanie said...

I am so glad you got another ultrasound scheduled. Now hopefully you'll find out what you are having. And no fair that you get to go eat at Costa Vida. Eat a plate for me too ok. :)