Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Easter is winding down here for us on the East Coast. I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter celebrations and took time to remember the Savior. Christ loved us and suffered for us so we don't have to. May we always remember the Savior's perfect example.




While eating our ham, rolls, green beans, and potatoes at dinner, I asked the kids why we celebrate Easter.

Here is the Easter Story according to Loraya:

'They put Jesus in this cave. Then aliens, (Jacob: you mean angels?) oh yeah, I mean angels came and took Jesus and he was alive again. He then showed himself to Mary and a bunch of other people.'

I love this video.
Enjoy.
And make sure to scroll down the the bottom and pause the music first....it kind of is a bit distracting. :)



Happy Easter!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Easter, Julia. I love all of your pictures, but the egg dying one where Isaac is looking sideways at Loraya reminded me so much of Paul and Bronte years ago. You can just see him watching her for cues on what to do! I wish I could pop in for one of those cookies. :)

becky said...

Happy Easter to your family. I did not get my camera quick enough before the kids got home and changed into their comfy Sunday attire. I couldn't do it before church cuz we leave at different times. But, Kyle did have a new blue shirt and tie and katie a long purple dress. (not really the true meaning of Easter) :) We had a yummy dinner too, I feel really full and wish I could wear sweats to work tomorrow.

Toby The Tiger said...

I had to laugh while reading your post because the song "girls just wanna have fun" came on while I'm checking out your pics & enjoy your Easter thoughts.

Great pics. Happy Easter.

Unknown said...

happy easter, julia. thanks for sharing that video. i think i might use it for fhe tonight.
i didn't dye eggs this year with the kids.. ..am i mean, or what? but we did have an egg hunt (plastic eggs!).

Mike and Christy said...

i, christy, just loved that talk and too hear it again and see that vedio is so powerful. i am truly greatfull his sacrifice and the blessings that it brings to my life. happy easter. we love you!

Linda Kelly said...

Glad you had a good Easter. The kids look like they are having fun decorating the cookies and the eggs. Post a picture of them in their cute outfits when you get a chance. The video is wonderful. I loved Elder Hollands talk during conference and the video makes it so wonderful to hear again. Thanks

Shareen said...

I'm glad you had a fun Easter. You went above and beyond mom-duty - both egg & cookie decorating! BTW, I leave alot more comments than actually appear. I'm never sure if I do it wrong or if you find my comments offensive and are busy deleting them :)