
I had to share this special experience that I had while in Young Women's on Easter Sunday.
Our dear, sweet, Cathy, a down syndrome girl is always a joy to have in class. She has a very special relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ. She shares her testimony every fast Sunday. She at times is hard to understand, but I love her and I know how much she loves Jesus. When asked to tell a little bit about her herself, she said she wants Jesus to come and visit her house.
Shouldn't that be a goal for each of us? To want to be worthy for Jesus to enter our homes?
We combined with the Young Men and watched a very touching video about the Savior's crucifixion. While watching the video I forgot about how sensitive Cathy must be to watching her friend, Jesus, being beaten, spit upon, mocked, and finally being raised on the cross. She cried deep, heart felt tears and morned for her friend. While most of us wept silently, Cathy loudly and painfully cried.
It was a testament to me of the Savior's love for each of us. I'm grateful for Cathy's example and hope to attain a deep friendship with our Savior Jesus Christ like Cathy does.
4 comments:
I enjoyed your easter story.
i like your family picture in the header too. Is that recent? All of you look really good, especailly Isaac with his mohawk.
Thanks for sharing that...so sweet. What a great example.
what a sweet story, Julia. Isn't it interesting that the people who are often thought of as unaware are usually most tuned in to what really matters.
What a precious story. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment