This past week wasn't great for me. I literally felt like I had a little rain cloud over my head. It was my turn to teach on Sunday to the Young Women, and I was having a really hard time preparing for my lesson because of my own personal little rain cloud.
I went to church still feeling gloomy and couldn't shake off the feeling of sadness. Jacob had to work, so it was just the kids and I during sacrament meeting. Usually this isn't really a problem. I miss Jacob being there,but the kids will quietly color and eat whatever snacks are packed in the purse while I listen the the speakers. However, this wasn't the case this week.
As I took Isaac out screaming and crying during the sacrament, I put him in time out in a classroom and shut the door. I needed a minute to regroup and get a hold of myself. While Isaac was crying in the classroom, I got down on my knees and prayed.
I couldn't get rid of this dark cloud by myself. I needed help. I needed strength. And most of all I needed the comfort that only the Holy Ghost can provide. Almost immediately after I got done praying I felt the warmth of the spirit. The sun broke through the dark cloud hanging above me and filled me with Christ's love.
The lesson to the Young Women, thanks to promptings of the spirit was wonderful. Each of the girls hugged me afterward and thanked me for the lesson. How I love these girls!
As President Monson said:
" Our mortal life was never meant to be easy or consistently pleasant. Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become refined through hard challenges, heartbreaking sorrows, and difficult choices. Each one of us experiences dark days when our loved ones pass away, painful times when our health is lost, feelings of being forsaken when those we love seem to have abandoned us. These and other trials present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each who runs the race of life: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? To finish life's race involves enduring through challenges and trials to the very end of life itself."
7 comments:
I loved hearing that. You are such a great mom and example to your kids. One day you can tell them that story and they will know that their mom tried to be lead and guided by the spirit at times of hardship in her life. What better example than that! Call me so we can get together! I LOVE hanging out with you. You can come over sometime this week if you want or we can take the kids to Burger King. Miss you.
I am glad you got our of your gloom. I can relate to that dark rain cloud, it has been hitting me too much lately. I loved your quote by pres. monson, and printed it off for my bathroom mirror to be a reminder to me on the hard days. Thanks!
so glad you found the right source of strength at just the time you needed it. thanks for sharing your ups and downs. we all have them and it helps to hear others.
see you next week!!
there shouldn't be any rain clouds then!! (i hope)
glad the sun is shining again!
Sometimes my daughter's amaze me. You are so on the right road. I'm proud of you for having the faith to seek the Lord's help. He is there so we don't need to feel alone. Loved your comments, and love you.
Thanks for the wonderful example you are to me and your other friends and family. You will be blessed for your efforts to do the right thing and be guided by the Holy Ghost. Glad your sunshine is back and you can get ready for a fun time with your family!!
I am sorry that you had a difficult week, but so happy that the "sun" broke through. Thank you for sharing the quote from President Monson. How blessed we are to have the gospel and reassurance and comfort from the Holy Ghost. Love you, Julia.
Post a Comment