The house on the hill.
beautiful land....and for the hunting enthusiast (Grandpa Kelly) the guy that owns all this land hunts. He said he's seen some really good looking bucks and herds (is that the right word?) of turkeys.
Isaac and one of his girlfriends. aren't they cute??
Rolling green hills. Can you imagine waking up to this every day??
Hay ride.
Cheese. always ready and willing to smile for the camera.
Lots of grass to run and play. Like Loraya and Isaac's new rainboots? It's always very exciting when it rains now.
more grass.
Isaac trying to stay awake on the hayride. he was sooooo tired, and messy.
Loraya was all smiles to be on the hay ride and with her primary friends.
After the hayrides, potluck dinner, marshmallow gun fights, and racing handcarts up and down the hills we headed home. And i should say props to those pioneers for pushing those handcarts across the country...those things are super dang heavy!
8 comments:
I'm so sad we missed out. i wanted to go so bad. Mike thought since it was raining he should study! fun for me! looks like you guys had a good time, the weather didn't look bad.
I can relate to the beautiful countryside. Sometimes as I am cursing because we live so far away from EVERYTHING I will stop and realize what a beautiful part of Washington we do live in and have to appreciate the positives whereever we are.
I am so glad Loraya is doing ok. You are such a great mom and what a great teaching moment. I am so glad that Heavenly Father loves us. What a fun activity. We got scared away by the rain, but from the looks of it we should have been braver.
Julia, that is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. I have to echo Becky's comments - we do live in a very pretty part of WA. But having a big old farmhouse surrounded by rolling hills... dreamy.
And how wonderful that he and his wife shared it with you all! Your pics are great. But you need one of you! :)
those pics look very familiar. .. a lot like the west virginia I remember. glad you are enjoying the beauty.
How breath taking!!! It makes me want to live on a farm in the country just looking at the pictures. I wish I could have gone to the hay ride. You should call me sometime this week. Lets get together sometime! I miss you girl! :)
That's going to be even more amazing in a few weeks when the leaves start changing I bet.
it is beautiful, fun to chat today.
Post a Comment