Although this past week has been filled with different emotions and I was trying to think....what is Heavenly Father wanting me to learn from this?
Here are just a few things I've learned this week:
1. Forget your pride. Although many times mothers do know best, especially when it comes to their own, I had to let go of my pride and trust in the doctor's care. I was extremely frustrated and almost felt hateful to Loraya's doctor because I felt like we were being held hostage at the hospital. I know this seems extreme, but I was not sleeping at night and very emotional. I finally had to trust in the doctor and realise that it's not about my feelings....it's about what's best for Loraya. Pride is bad, and it can take over and not let you see things clearly.
2. We are loved. If you ever are feeling lonely or friendless...have something bad happen to you. :) I have felt such an overwhelming feeling of love this week. Through emails, phone calls, visits, dinner brought to us, people watching Isaac, care packages in the mail, presents brought to the hospital...it's been humbling to know how far people are willing to bend when you're in a hard spot. I've said it a few times, but I just can't say it enough...THANK YOU. All I can do is try and pay if forward someday.
3. We can feel peace in our hearts, even through uncertainties in our life. I didn't know what was wrong with Loraya and I didn't know what was making her so sick. But, I felt a deep sense of peace that it was going to be fine. This peace in my heart is/was a great comfort to me.
14 comments:
what a great attitude you have. loves.
Nice sentiments! Hope things continue to improve. We're thinking about you.
you have great incites, julia. some how our trials always make us stronger. i have wished i was closer so i could be there to help more.
ditto to what everyone else said. I can't get you guys out of my head and wish I could be there to help.
Julia I cannot believe everything you guys are encountering right now. Obviously you are all becoming stronger as a family and prayers are being answered.I too wish I could be there to help with whatever you needed.
You guys are in our prayers. Good luck, she is a sweetheart!
One of my favorite quotes: "What I am saying is not simply the old Puritan truism that 'suffering teaches'. I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable. All these and other factors combined, if the circumstances are right, can teach an can lead to rebirth."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh, from Hour of Gold, Hour of Lead
Thank you for sharing what you are learning. You are an inspiration. And you are definitely loved!
loves to you all. We are so glad that they have a diagnosis and are moving forward with a solution. It does take trials to sometimes realize how much you are loved by those around you!! I am sure Heavenly Father uses those that are close to comfort and help when needed. Be glad that they are listening to the still small voice to be your angels in West Virginia when we cannot be there to help!! I know that is a direct answer to all of our prayers!!
I'm really glad that you are getting a lot of love and help from those around you. You guys are still in our prayers, we love you guys!
you are a strong soul, Julia. I'm very proud of the way you have handled yourself during such an awful time. Hang in there. Glad you got some much needed help from friends around there.
Julia--I'm so sorry to hear what you are all going through, especially little Loraya. We will be praying for her.
You guys are in our prayers! We know all too well what it's like to be in the hospital for MONTHS on end. Dr's are great at hurry up and wait...frustrating. I know there are days when you feel like breaking down and it's all you can do to put one foot in front of the other. It's okay...let yourself have a moment. You guys are sooo loved! The Lord will give you strength to get through it - a minute at a time if need be! So glad Loraya is in good spirits...that is half the battle! Hang in there! :-)
So sorry to hear about Laraya. My heart goes out to you, but you sound like you're coping pretty well, though I'm sure it's hard. I'll be praying for your family.
I love you and have been thinking about you and your family. I'm glad you're being taken care of.
Post a Comment