Loraya and Isaac have been so much fun lately. Isaac is talking a lot more now and Loraya is just a sweetheart. I was overly surprised by our trip to the store yesterday. Neither Loraya or Isaac wanted to sit in the cart, well they actually NEVER want to sit in the cart, but usually I just make them anyway. And then I deal with the whining and crying, which is better then the alternative. Which would be me turning into one of those crazy moms and yelling at my kids in public because I can't control my children. (you moms know what I mean right?)
So there we were at one of my most favorite places, I guess you could call it my happy place: Target. Who doesn't love Target? Trying to find something for Jacob's birthday. I have decided, btw, that I am the all time WORST shopper for Jacob. And there are my kids walking beside me and holding on to the cart just as we talked about in the van. This was really quite unbelievable to me. We always have these talks while driving in the car about "the rules" while we are in the store/restaurant/church/anytime we leave the house. Most of the time these "rules" go out the window as soon as we leave the van. But to have Loraya and Isaac actually do exactly as I asked them to was worthy of a blog post.
I'm not expecting this type of behavior to continue. But, it was a breath of fresh air and to have people comment on how well behaved my kids were, rather then the usual looks of ....what type of mother are you...and why can't you control your children looks.
Like I said, a breath of fresh air. It's nice to have little moments like this as a mother, to feel like you are doing something right. And just a little bit of what you're trying to teach your children is sinking in.
10 comments:
Nothing better than kids acting the right way in a store to make your day!! I remember taking all six kids to K-mart and telling them they had to touch the cart the whole time and the people in the store were amazed!! Makes you proud for sure.
Way to go Loraya and Isaac! Sometimes it is hard to follow the rules but just remember if mom is happy then YOU are happy :)
Seriously. Congratulations! I am so proud of them for you, and absolutely THRILLED for your successful excursion. Until next time...
My crew and I just came home from Nordstroms, yes we are still in Utah. Travis works for the church so we will probley be here for awhile. So I thought I would drop you a note. I do wish you guys lived a little closer. I have not seen you guys for so long! I just think of you when I go there. Oh and by the way, WAy to go with the van aren't they great!! The doors are soo cool. Oh and also it is pretty cool to be in your 30,s. You are wiser!!!
Maybe I'll have you teach my kids "the rules" at the family reunion, haha. One thing I don't miss is taking little kids to do errands, shopping etc... then again they get big and don't want to go anywhere with you. We never have what we want!
i can't go to the store with out Mia throwing some sort of a fit. Usually involving throwing herself on the floor in some way. I HATE going to the store. One of my worst chores is doing the grocery shopping. Once in a while I'll have a nice experience like you, but not very often. Glad they listened to your rules so well! We all need moments like this.
It's so great to have a sucessful trip to the store...I have to say though, I think the women who look at mothers with screaming kids, or when we ALL loose our cool with our kids in the store, MUST NOT have children of their own. I was at Wal-Mart and this mom with 5 small kids was dealing with some searious drama (one was kicking and screaming while the others were trying to escape) and she didn't have enough arms...and can I just tell you how many people just walked right on by...I was the ONLY person who offered to help her! I think we have to have the bad moments in public to make us REALLY appreciate the good ones!
Well I will trade you kids, mine have been driving me NUTS lately. I really need a vacation, but I dont want to take them on vacation.
Julia,
I have been a little out of the blogging scene lately, but I have loved catching up on yours and reading all about what you guys have been up to.
First, I have to say...Happy Anniversary! And a Happy (belated) Birthday to both you and Jacob.
I really love reading your blog, and especially all the cute/funny/touching stories that you share about your kids. You are such a wonderful mother (an inspiration to me, that's for sure), and your kids are so blessed to have you as their mom.
Alexis- Too bad we don't live a little bit closer and you could drop your kids off and you and Josh could enjoy a overnight getaway. :) Or maybe you would be willing to make the drive to have a night away with Josh. :)
Post a Comment