Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This too shall pass...



This too shall pass, I like this little phrase. Its a good reminder that the lord won't give us anything that we can't handle. It's also a good reminder that no matter how bad something is at the time, it will end. And when it ends, hopefully we've grown a little stronger, gained more perspective, become a little more wiser.


I don't want to jinx anything, but Isaac is sleeping through the night once again. I'll put him to bed and he will stay there all night long until 6 AM. Yes, 6 AM is WAY too early for me, but at least I can get a uninterrupted night sleep. Since we've moved here, Isaac would be up in the middle of the night around 5-10 times a night (sometimes more). It was dreadful. He was a nightmare to get to bed too. We would have to keep putting him back in his bed at least 3-100 times a night. I just dreaded bedtime. And whats worse was if for some miracle he did sleep through the night, I would then dream of Isaac waking up in the night. Or I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because I would be waiting for him to get up out of bed. Oh, he was such a stinker. And I was really at the end of my sanity.


But this too shall pass. And it did. I love my little stinker, and I'm so grateful for my full night sleep. Every mother can appreciate a full night sleep. It's a gift and never to be taken for granted!!

9 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my dear friend! I am glad that he is sleeping better for you! Aspen's been waking up like two to three times a night lately and I am dead in the morning, so I can't even imagine her waking up more than that in one night! but yeah to you he's sleeping!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah!!! I must say I look forward to getting a full nights sleep sometime in my future and it is good to hear that little phrase of yours. I will have to remember it. You totally deserve that too. Good for you!!

Linda Kelly said...

So glad to hear he is sleeping through the night again. You are right about not sleeping yourself because you just KNOW he is going to get up again!! Try to get your sleep while you can!! Maybe you can reward him in some way when he stays in his bed all night long!

Erika said...

HipHipHurray!
Scotty wakes up several times at night and I am so lazy that anywhere between midnight & 3 I just end up in bed with him... I'm sleeping, he's sleeping, Tyler's sleeping...
At this point I don't care where I'm sleeping, its that I'm sleeping :-)

Unknown said...

hooray!
I sure hope you are over the worst and able to get into a better sleep routine. I hate how I feel when I am not getting proper sleep. Thanks for the reminder. . .let's hope that this really has passed for you!

Shannon said...

Congratulations, Julia! After surviving Paul's sleep schedule, I totally appreciate the relief you must be feeling.
Hmmm...now that Isaac is easier, I wonder if Heavenly Father is telling you that I need another niece or nephew? :)

The Kelly Family said...

I'm jealous. You got to a night of uninterupted sleep. I can't remember the last time I wasn't woken by 1 or more of my children. Some mornings I wake up and ALL three of them are in my bed and I don't remember how any of them got there. I hope it's just a phase.

dave&abby johnson family said...

We should have a BBQ!! I don't have your number, but i can get it from Liz!

Anonymous said...

This is the reason Shannon and I have only 3 kids.

Thank you for reminding me of why.