Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm no plumber, but I could have told you that....

We now have brown moldy carpet, yellow water stained baseboards and a mushroom growing out of our carpet. Why you ask? Because of a water leak. Luckily we are still under warranty for a year, so this is not coming out of our pocket book.



First they thought the water leak was coming from our dishwasher.


Then they thought it was coming from our sink.


Next, they checked the tub/shower.


Oh, I see where the leak is! Can you find it?? Oh, maybe where it says: "hole in pipe."
I'm no plumber, but I could have told you that. Good grief.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, yuck...that doesn't sound like any fun at all. And of course, I am sure it wasn't cheap to have someone find the "hole in pipe". I hope it is all like new soon! (Or should I say better than new?) Good luck.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my I can't believe that! I am so sorry friend! Hope it all works out!

Nic & Kandis said...

That's terrible. So was that piped installed with a hole in it to begin with?

Linda Kelly said...

It doesn't make sense that the plumber was so kind as to leave a note for the dry wallers to see that there was a hole in his pipe!! or maybe the electrician put a hole in it while installing the electric wires. Nobody ever wants to take the blame!! Bummer.

Erika said...

Ooh a mushroom! Yum!
Sheesh, you'd think the "hole in pipe" not would be enough... How thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

Glad they found it. Glad you don't have to pay to fix it. Kind of makes you disgusted to have the mess in a new home. Make sure they fix it up like new.

Unknown said...

what a pain to have to go through that because of someone elses incompetance! good luck with the renovations! seems a little early for that, huh?

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! You have to love construction workers. It ain't my problem so I will cover it up even though it says "hole in pipe." Maybe they thought the hole was supposed to be there or that a little water would not show up until after the one year warranty. Hopefully our staying there and using your bathrooms didn't cause any additional damage. Good luck with the fix.

Josh

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! Of course I remember you and the time we stood you up for a Spanish dinner due to an ear infection. I still feel bad about that one!

Your kids are darling! Can't wait to get to peek into your life now!

Stacie said...

Do you remember the time Jacob took "THE FIRST shower" in our new home and it started raining in our basement? Yeah, I can relate. Dang construction workers!

Jaime said...

That sounds so gross. Thank heaven for a warentee.