I decided a while ago I was going to run the Decker's Creek Half Marathon in June. However, with the bad weather I haven't been able to train like I would like. But, this week I re committed myself to running my first half marathon. I ran 6 miles today, still a long ways to go...but it feels good.
Here's the info if anyone is interested in training or running with me....
Deckers Creek Trail Half Marathon
Saturday, June 7, 2008 9 a.m.
THE DOWNHILL COURSE
A mostly downhill course, the Deckers Creek Trail has an elevation drop of approximately 800 feet over the span of the 13.1 mile distance. The Deckers Creek Trail is a two-surface course, providing a challenging, yet enjoyable experience for runners. The trail surface is packed limestone for the first 10.4 miles and asphalt for the final 2.7 miles. The half-marathon begins in Masontown, WV and finishes at the Hazel Ruby McQuain Riverfront Park in Morgantown. There will be seven water stops along the way.
8 comments:
Another fellow trainee. You are doing awesome running 6 miles if you haven't been training, I am impressed. The fact that the race is downhill should make for a great time but I have heard that they are harder on you abs (of steel). I wish that I was there so that we could run together. Good Luck!
Wow, I am way impressed! I have never been much of a runner and am in awe of those that are. Good luck w/ the training!
Good Luck...
Julia you can do it!! Last year when I ran the SLC 1/2 marathon I did not even train. I was just consistently running for an 1 hr. 4-5 days a week on an elliptical and then occasionally running on a treadmill If you can run 6 miles without stopping you can do a 1/2. It really is just about mental strength. It is actually a very fun run if you like to run. That day I actually wish I would have just ran a full because I was mentally and physically feeling so good. I know you can do it-you have the ability if you just commit to it! Sign up-after that it is just showing up on race day:)
good job you! i'm so proud. and cute drawing from loraya.
Julia, you are amazing. Now that I have seen where you run, I can honestly say I wouldn't make it six blocks...let alone six miles! I will be anxious to see your post after the run...be sure to have Jacob standing at the finish line with a camera! :)
Wow! I'm so impressed! I think after this baby, I'm going to train for a half marathon, too. I love running, and everyone makes it look like so much fun. Good luck training :) You're amazing!
I'm proud of you... so did the commitment come from the last post? I don't think that you will have a problem. It actually sounds like fun, maybe i will see how things go and maybe we will do it with you. I can handle down hill. Good luck!
Post a Comment