Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tampons

Ok this post I'm talking about tampons....so if there are any guys out there that read this blog that might scare you away. :)

I was putting tampons in my purse the other day.

Loraya: "Mom, are those for your bum?"
Me: "Yep, they are for my bum."
Then Loraya is thinking for a while and then asks..."why mommy? why are they for your bum?"
Me: " I'm not having this conversation with you...maybe in a few years." I then quickly change the topic to more meaningful things like what she wants for lunch and what movie she would like to watch....

Oh, the joy of the birds and the bees talk....I'm not ready for those kinds of questions.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That us funny, Julia. I can't ever seem to keep the kids out of the bathroom. I tell them, let me have one minute to myself!

Shannon said...

Julia, I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes! When Bronte was little, she called them "bum bandaids"...and I'd fortgotten all about it! Thanks for making my day :)

Laurel said...

Hello, the Kellys! I hope it's okay I found you guys from Kelsey's blog links. I can't believe your kids are so big... I didn't realize it had been that long since I had seen your family. They are adorable, and you guys ALL look so good and happy! If you get a chance, I would love for you to check out our blog. It's actually private (I got a weird, creepy comment a few months back), so shoot me an email at laurel.richardson@yahoo.com and I'll send you the invite. Great to see what you are up to!

Btw, that story is hilarious.

Linda Kelly said...

OK, what has this world come to when I have to read about tampons on your blog!!! Isn't bad enough that we have commercials on our TV's!! Brought back some great memories of my pads being stuck all over the cabinets one time when I went into my bathroom. The things little boys do with feminine products!! I do believe it was Jacob that ripped off the backs and stuck them everywhere!! Like father like daughter!

Jenner said...

too funny. hope the kids are getting better. had a great check up with your FIL yesterday, no cavities-yipee!

Leslie said...

Try explaining them to boys...they have no clue!

Stacie said...

That's hilarious! Andrew just always wants to play with them. He thinks they are fun toys or something. Oh how embarrassed he will be when he's older and I tell him that one.

Jaime said...

That is too funny. I just caught Truman in the bathroom this week with a tampon in each hand, then when I took them away he got so upset. Of course I had to snap a few photos, couldn't resist. I think it will make good blackmail! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us all a little bit of humor to brighten the day. What comes out of kids mouths sometimes. You better keep a book of all these sayings.
Mom in Seattle

the Rew Crew said...

Hysterical. I can't stop laughing. My little one likes to get into the bathroom cabinets and play with, um, shall we say a certain type of prophylactics and when I take them away she gets very upset.