Monday, February 18, 2008

Kinda silly...

I had an appointment today to fill out an application for Loraya to start pre-school come September. The pre-school that I hope she gets into is Mon-Thurs. And it is a lottery based system, so we won't know if she is in or not until middle of March. Anyways....the idea of having only 1 kid at home has always left me a little giddey. (sp?) But, being there and thinking of Loraya being away at school made me really sad. I actually got teary eyed when I left the interview. I know it's silly, but it's just the first step of many things to come...

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I had to smile when I read your comments, Julia. I remember feeling the same way. It is hard to see our kids take each little step away from us. You are such a sweet mommy. :)

Linda Kelly said...

I remember taking Matt to the interview for Kindergarten and doing the happy dance when he went on the bus for the first time. I walked him to the bus stop with the other little ones following me like ducks in a row and waved goodbye when he got on the bus. We skipped all the way home!! It was so weird only having 2 kids at home while he was gone the 1/2 day. Don't worry you will get over the blues really fast!! Isaac will love having you all to himself.

nicole said...

Oh, I don't even want to think about that. I miss Ruby when I wake up in the morning, and have to go get her from her crib...regardless of whether or not she's awake.
Point being? I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Ouch.

Unknown said...

You will come to cherish the times you have alone with Isaac. He has never been able to have you to himeself!

I know you will still miss Loraya, though. Hopefully she will love it.

Leslie said...

You know..when you get that feeling, it means it's time for another - I hate that feeling! :)

Laurel said...

I can't believe she's that old already! I remember when you were pregnant with her! She will be such a good little student, and you and Isaac are going to have so much fun with each other.

Jaime said...

I agree, these milestones are a little kind of tear jerker. I shed a few tears when Truman stopped drinking formula this past week. He's growing up! I am sure you will grow to love the time that she is at school, and enjoy even more going to pick her up. I'm sure she'll be ecstatic to see her mommy.

Stacie said...

Yeah, I have to agree with mom. Those feelings won't last too long. Pretty soon you'll be wishing she was gone 5 days a week and full days at that none of this half day stuff. I can't wait for Brayden to be in first grade. Not because I don't love spending time with Brayden, it's just that he gets so bored being at home now. He always wants to be DOING something, and I find it really hard to keep him entertained.

Kristen said...

It's so hard to see them grow up. :-( Preschool is so hard - but kindergarten here is only 1/2 day, so you get used to that, but 1st grade I cried all day! It was so wierd to have Jonathan gone all day. I was at a loss with what to do with myself after the first few weeks...

Erika said...

I can't even imagine Scotty growing up :-( He's 5 months old and I have already cried to Tyler several times that he's growing up too quickly. I can't even imagine him leaving for school! Crazy