so pretty, clean and bright.
i love this archway right next door. my sunday school lesson is about how the book of mormon is the keystone of our religon...this reminded me of the archway with the keystone that holds it together.
I put saran wrap over the coffee table and let the kids decorate it with all their stickers. It kept the kids busy for a while.
my favorite, chocolate chip cookies, always good for a snowy day.
What do you do when you're bored at home?

8 comments:
your pretty creative!!! Great thinking with the stickers! Oh and I just noticed that oops we have the same background just different colors!
haha! great minds think alike i guess amanda! :)
Sometimes we build forts with pillows and blankets. We color A LOT!!
For us we get bored in the summer, not winter, because it is too hot to leave the house; kind of the opposite of what you experience.
Thank goodness for Netflix, cell phones with unlimited long distance, and the internet (all for me), and for my child...well she gets pretty bored.
We read A LOT of books, and sometimes I'll put her in the tub and lay towels on the bathroom floor and let her go to town drowning the place in water.
I also would die without my YMCA membership so I can have a place to workout and she can play to her heart's content.
Julia, your saran wrap idea is great! I wish it would still work for my kids! It is hard for me to remember what we did when they were little...I know I relied on Walt Disney too often! But I remember letting the boys build things using pretzels and mini marshmallows...and we cut up magazines to make collages about us or our family...or I would give them extra pictures and some scrapbook stuff, and we would scrap together. I wish I could be there to hang out with you...it is very lonely now that everyone has gone back to Seattle!
I love the saran wrap idea, thanks for the tip, I'll be keeping that in mind for future use.
When the excitement of playing in the snow wore off we would curl up in blankets and watch movies. My Mom always made a fire and so the living room was cozy & warm.
baking in general is a good idea for a snow day. I like what sarah wrote about netflix, however we use Blockbuster online and love it!
Enjoy the snow, we're supposed to get some next week. we'll see...
Those cookies look good. ..
You're more creative than I am! Anya used to love the sensory table at Camille's preschool so I made one at home once. You take a rubbermaid storage bin, fill it with rice, or some other cheap thing, and then rotate the toys in it each day. Scoops & funnels and other things from the kitchen one day, cars & such the next, little plastic toys hidden in the rice & a shovel, etc. It seems like that entertained her for a half an hour or hour a day for a week or so. Just put the lid back on after the play session so you don't end up with rice all over the house!
Post a Comment