Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking forward

Now is the time to make all those 2008 goals. I have my list ready and I'm excited for 2008. (I will lose those 20 pounds!!) It will be a big year for us. We will be moving into our first home. Jacob will turn 30. Jacob will be applying to Dental School at WVU and hopefully get an acceptance letter. Loraya will be starting preschool. Toolson Family Reunion in July. I'm going to run my first 1/2 marathon. Hopefully a trip to California to visit Jacob's family and swim in Grandma and Grandpa's pool.

So much to look forward to! We talked today in Sunday school about all that's wrong in the world today. And when you look at the headlines it doesn't look to promising. Kids at school doing drills in case there is a school shooting. A family murdered on Christmas Eve by their dad. And a 16 year old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant and is going to keep the baby? (i know probably no one cares about Jamie Lynn Spears.)

Anyways, my point is...while there are bad things in the world, there is so much right. We have much to look forward to and much to be thankful for as well. Here's to 2008!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

OKay that whole Spears family is so screwed up it is actually sad.

I hope your 2008 is everything you wish it to be and more. Good luck with all your goals. We have a tradition of writing out our goals on New Years Day. Happy New Year.

Kristin Rose said...

Great Goals! I need to get on board with a some of those same goals. What 1/2 marathon are you looking at doing? Maybe I should train again and run it with you-that would be fun and motivating!!