Friday, January 18, 2008

Loraya's in charge

I've pretty much all but given up on naps for Isaac. If he takes a nap after 1PM, then he won't go to bed until like midnight. If Isaac doesn't take a nap then he'll go down for bed around 7PM. I'll take the 7 o'clock bed time please. But, naps are nice. I love the little break in the middle of the day. So, fast forward to today....

Loraya and Isaac were playing upstairs. They were playing "nap time." Loraya would say a prayer and "bless Isaac to stay in his bed and go to sleep." (do i really say that during family prayer?) After a while of this Loraya came downstairs and informed me that "Isaac is taking a nap so you need to be quiet mommy." I thought yeah right. But, it was silent upstairs for about a 1/2 hour. Finally Jacob asks what Isaac was doing. Loraya says "he's taking a nap with his blankie." Jacob goes upstairs and peeks in at Isaac. Isaac was laying in bed hitting himself in the face with his blanket and sucking his fingers. (For some reason he hits himself with his blankie when he's trying to fall asleep.)

Its now been over an hour since he's fallen asleep. Loraya is in charge from now on. I think she is a better mommy then me!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

where was Loraya when my boys were little?!? what a great little helper!

Amanda said...

haha that makes me laugh! Thanks for the giggle today! TJ is always telling on his brother and it reminds me of that. haha

Tiffani said...

That is awesome! Loraya is a mom in training but isn't it funny how your kids are always better for anyone but you?!

Jaime said...

so cute & funny. she sure knows how to teach him, doesn't she.

Shareen said...

That's adorable Julia.

Erika said...

I love it! Scotty is currently sitting on my lap...I've tried to put him down 3 times now with no luck... I agree with you a 7pm bed time is better than a nap:-)