Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Jacob's brother, Josh and wife Alexis, and family. It was so nice to have them here and drive through all the holiday traffic to spend the holiday with us. It was really warm Thanksgiving morning and I was able to go running with just a tshirt on!! (It has now dropped like 60 degrees..and is a toasty 18 degrees!!) We had thanksgiving dinner at the Institute with 5 other couples and the missionaries. Brita, my friend who was been so good to us, made everything so Martha Stewart! Thanks Brita for all your hard work decorating! There was tons of food, and like always, ate WAY too much...but what else do you do on Thanksgiving?? The kids didn't eat any dinner, they were too distracted, but that's nothing new. The Institute had tons of room for the kids to run around, pool table, ping pong table, and a TV for the kids to watch movies on. Now that Thanksgiving is over, my favorite time of the year is here! Can't wait to put up the Christmas decorations and start listening to Christmas music!


The boys cooking?? I had to take a picture! They actually made Aunt Joanne's pies...super yummy!!

Megan and Loraya licking the beaters.



Food! Lots of food!


I am thankful for my family!....love Loraya's face :)


They had a pool tournament, Jacob made it to the finals, but lost.

Alexis and Josh

6 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

I can't believe Jacob and Josh were actually cooking!! I bet those pies were yummy! I'm glad you are having a great time with family during the holidays. It was quiet and restful here. We ended up going to Mimi's for dinner and had a great feast! Love ya, MOM

Alexis said...

I am thanksful for family that lets us come crash in their toy room for Thanksgiving! :-) We had a ton of fun, and can't wait to see you guys again.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really fun day. It seemed strange for us to not be spending the day with family, but Debby and Al are almost like family. We did enjoy the day, and all I had to do was make rolls, bring some fruit and help clean up. It was great. thanks for the pictures.
Love Mom in Seattle

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time. We had a hectic weekend with David's brother and family in from Reno. Lot's of family time. It was really good, but I am tired! Got the kids to bed tonight and I will hopefully be following soon.

Shannon said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! You are lucky to have made some good friends so quickly. Not that I am surprised...you are easy to be friends with! :)

Jaime said...

Sounds like you had a great Holiday. Happy belated Thanksgiving. Good luck with the holiday decorations, I hope to see a post about it. :)