Sunday, September 16, 2007

What's in the Box?





What's in the box you ask? Jacob was in the garage and he heard a noise that sounded like Rusty moving around...but Rusty was outside in his kennel. The noise sounded like it was coming from the dog food bag....but then he saw it. The rat was trying to jump out of Rusty's treat box. Jacob quickly grabbed the squeegee and put in on top of the box so the rat couldn't escape. He then goes running in the house telling Linda and I to come outside. Telling us that he had caught a rat about gave me and Linda a heart attack!! Linda and I naturally didn't want to see the rat. We were afraid it would jump out and that wouldn't be good. I would probably do the total girl thing, scream and jump up on the couch. Anyways.. Jacob proceeds to try and kill the rat by shaking the box super hard up and down.....hoping the dog bones will knock the rat out?!?? Finally Jacob takes the box with the rat still in it and throws it in a dumpster down the road. Poor little rat...it does have plenty of food.

4 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

That rat might eat itself to death...

Jenae said...

Ha! That reminds me of when I was pregnant and I stayed home sick one day to find a rat in our apartment...okay, it turned out to be our upstairs neighbor's pet hamster who had escaped his cage and found his way into our apartment! I did exactly what you described--screamed and jumped on the couch and then managed to barricade the thing in between boxes until it's owner came to get it.

Amanda said...

ewwww yucky rats!

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of our rat stories in the garage. But more recently in Utah--one night I slept on the couch in the condo because I was having trouble going to sleep. I the morning I was getting to walk out of the condo and I spotted something moving on the floor by the couch. It was a little mouse! It freaked me out thinking I was sleeping with that under the couch. It seemed to be eating a piece of paper. I when out the other door to avoid walking by it and got the men to go check it out. It turns out it was stuck on the piece of paper . It was one of those sticky papers and it couldn't get off. However, I did not scream and run. A little moue is better than a rat any day.
Mom (Seattle)