Monday, September 10, 2007

Bad Night

I can't turn my mind off at night. I especially had this problem when I was pregnant. (which I'm NOT bytheway) I guess with all the changes that are going on in our life right now I can't stop thinking enough to go to sleep. Last night I layed in bed for probably an hour and a half trying to go to sleep. I even thought of playing this CD my sister gave me that is called "letting go of your thoughts." Kinda hokey but it really did work well when I was pregnant. (thanks again Shareen!) Once I finally drifted to sleep I awoke at about 12:45 AM to beeping...I finally figured out it was my cell phone. The battery was red and about to die, so I turned my phone off and went back to bed. Then at 1:15 AM i was startled out of sleep once again, this time to Isaac crying. Jacob helpfully tells me "Isaac is crying".....gee thanks. So, I cuddle with Isaac for a while and rock him for another little while and he willingly goes back into his crib...yeah...(i was glad that he didn't start crying again and have to start all over again with the rocking!) OK, back to sleep again. Then about 2:30 I hear another beeping...*argh!* This time it's Jacob's phone...which the battery is also about to die. I poke Jacob and tell him to turn off his phone. He grunts and turns it off. Then a dog somewhere down the street starts barking. I think a dog barking in the middle of the night has got to be one of the most annoying things ever! The dog finally stops barking....then Loraya starts coughing. *Sigh* I get up and give her some cough medicine and some water. Once Loraya stopped coughing, the dog stopped barking, both the cell phones were off, Isaac wasn't crying, and I no longer had nightmareish thoughts of driving across the country with two toddlers.....I think it was about 4 AM. Kids were up at 6:45 AM, and had gotten in the soap?!? So they were covered head to toe in bath soap. What a great start to the day after a refressing three hours of sleep....I guess it could have been worse.

7 comments:

Alexis said...

Your night sounds like mine! I was up with Bryson all night last night. Which I thought that it would have been Megan since she threw up before bed, but Bryson was the one up all night. From 3 till about 6 off and on. So you weren't alone last night. I am just glad that Megan was sick and that I could sleep in and not have to take her to the bus stop. The joy of being a mom! :-)

Leslie said...

Since Jacob isn't working anymore...you need a day or two to sleep in! Do it while you can and the real chaos of moving begins!

Amanda said...

Oh you poor thing!! I hope you get some more sleep tonight!

Julia Kelly said...

the problem is i'm tired all day...but when bed time comes i'm wide awake!

Leslie said...

Take some Benadryl!

Tiffani said...

I feel (some) of your pain. I hate when I am exhausted and I simply can't fall asleep. Whenever this happens Andrew just makes fun of me saying, "You aren't tired if you can't fall asleep" Not true! If you have a lot on your mind sometimes writing it down such as a to do list helps. Good Luck!

Jenae said...

That sounds truly miserable! I still haven't found the trick myself for those sleepless, stressful nights. The longer I can't fall asleep, the more stressed I get, knowing that I really NEED to fall asleep. A viscious cycle. Check out online the Today show had a segment yesterday about a good night's sleep and lots of good tips like aromatherapy, etc. Can't hurt.