Saturday, January 17, 2015

2014 recap

 Hello!  I'm blogging!  I have to say my sisters Shareen and Shannon inspired me to blow off the dust that has settled and rev up the ol' bloggy blog.

I loved my sister's 2014 recap so much I decided to do my own.

January.
Snow.
FREEZING.
That about sums it up.

February.
I was large and in charge.  A few weeks from my due date in this picture.  Also, a lot of snow and no school due to the large amounts of snow.

 March.
Sawyer Leigh Kelly joined our family.  9 lbs 9 oz of perfectness.  Oh we love him.  We also put our townhouse on the market a week after Sawyer was born.  Also, it was still freezing/  And snowing.

 April.
Spring!  I will miss the cherry blossom trees on the rail trail along the Monongahela River.  We sold our house after only two weeks.  What a huge blessing.

 May.
Dental school graduation.  Jacob did it!  We did it!  And can I just say I HATE my hair in this pic.  Ha!  I was also diagnosed with a malignant melanoma.  Go have your moles checked people!  Do it!

 June.
Moving across the country.  Jacob and this uhaul become great friends.  The kids and I spent most of June with my parents in Utah.  It was a special time to be able to spend mornings walking with my mom and be there when we got the crappy news that her cancer had once again returned.  I will always see it as a tender mercy that we were able to hug and cry and be there for each other.  Cancer is dumb.
 July.
All the Kelly's together.  19 grand kids.  14 adults.  It was so great to  see everyone.  We moved into Jacob's parent's house with his sister's family.  It was cozy.  We are so grateful for Linda and Sid's willingness to take us all in.
 August.
Lots of swimming and Grandma's and Grandpa's.  We also moved into our own place.  Jacob started working and Loraya got braces.
 September.
New school year.  New school.  New friends.  New church callings.  New. New. New.
 October.
I decided to make a change with how I was taking care of my body.  I got my melanoma removed.  I now have a scar on my left arm that will serve as a reminder to take better care of myself.   I also started running regularly.  AND the best news was hearing my mom's cancer was adios.
 November.
I loved spending Thanksgiving with all my family.  I ran in a 10k.  I also couldn't feel my toes for the first half of the 10k.
 December.
This is probably my most favorite picture ever.  We adore Sawyer.  Well, I adore all my kids.  It was also a pretty awesome Christmas, being able to spend it with so much family around.  But, we sure miss our East coast friends, family and friends who are like family.


Here's to a very boring 2015!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray! I am so happy to see you back in blogland! <3 I would say you definitely deserve a boring year. But you have four children... they keep things exciting! Love you.

Shareen said...

What a happy surprise to find a blog post from Julia! I like seeing your year at a glance.