Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why Bother?

I often think why I bother updating this blog because it is often a repeat of what I  have already posted on Facebook.  Facebook is so fast and easy.  The blog sometimes is stressful and uncooperative.

But, until I find a way to keep all my Facebook statuses and picture updates together in one neat place....blogging it is.

What did you do this weekend?

We:

 Met Loraya and Isaac's teachers at their Open House.  Cookies and punch was served afterward.  The kids (Isaac in particular) was put out that they were ONLY allowed 1 cookie. 

 
Accessorizing with Mommy.  Macey picked out this look all on her own.  Maybe she can be my stylist?

Preparing for the WVU football game!  Loraya has been begging to go to a game for a few years now.  Daddy was finally able to get tickets.

Go 'Eers!

I had the difficult job of entertaining Isaac and Macey while Jacob and Loraya were at the game.  The whole day was spent in question: 'Do  you think we are having as much fun as Loraya is?'  I tried my best.
 
Funny/cute story.
 
While we were mini golfing Isaac told me on 2 different occasions that I got a hole in one.  I never actually saw the ball go into the hole, but he was very excited for me!  Fast forward to that night.  The time was 9:45 PM, well past bedtime.  Isaac comes downstairs.  At first I am irritated with him:
Me: 'Why the heck aren't you asleep yet??!"   
Isaac: (visibly very upset and close to tears)' Mom, I need to talk to you.'
Me: "OK, What's wrong?"
Isaac: 'I lied.  You actually didn't get any hole in ones.  I just wanted to make you happy."


So, I was really touched on many levels.
1.  Isaac wants me to be happy. (so sweet)
2.  He feels bad about being dishonest. (so much so that he can't sleep)
3.  He has the courage to admit he has done something wrong and say he is sorry. (this is a hard thing to do!)
 
Needless to say, I am proud.
 

This guy came and paid us a visit.  Very glad that this creeper was on the outside enjoying himself.

Macey debuted her curly hair at church.  Loraya went up and bared her testimony with out any help.  Isaac said a wonderful prayer in Primary.

Went to Chuck E. Cheese!

Rode the horsey rides about 200 times.

Loraya was very excited to win 100 tickets! 
 
That was our weekend in a nutshell. 

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Sounds like a good weekend. What a sweet boy that Isaac is. You could use that story when you talk about obedience for FHE. That's what I'd do anyway.

becky said...

Sounds and looks fun! Did your team win??

Julia Kelly said...

They did! Can't remember the final score, but they beat them pretty good. :)

Shannon said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend, on many levels. I love that story about Isaac - what a sweet boy.
And please keep blogging! I find facebook frustrating, because if you aren't on every day then posts and pictures get buried in a bunch of who-pinned-what and "like" pop-ups. It is so much easier to get complete stories on blogger. :)

Unknown said...

I still enjoy seeing the blog updates! I know facebook is easier. . .but I like the little bit of more detail you can get here!
So keep bothering!
love you all. . .

Linda Toolson said...

Please keep blogging. I too get frustrated with facebook (but glad it is there anyway. I love seeing what all of you are doing.

By the way, if I don't comment sometimes on your blog, it might be because I can't figure our the darn words you have to get right in order to post a comment!